Chapter 35. Afloat

Chapter35. Afloat

March 2010

To: DestinysNotAChild@yahoo.com

From: Spencerkissmyass@yahoo.com

Subject: Where are you?

Message:

Destiny! Where the hell are you?! How could you just leave?! *Inhales.

*Inhales some more.

*Inhales until I figure out what's going on, mother father! FREAKING INHALE!

Okay, I'm calm enough! I think. Here's another shot.

Destiny Jones,

I am emailing you in desperate hopes, super-duper desperate hopes that you're going to receive this, read it, and come home to us. Please!

I mean, where are you?! What happened?! You just disappeared on us and ditched your phone. We couldn't contact it.

After seeing you at the school fair, I thought things couldn't get worse, but it did. Everyone was so nervous after Papa Jones went to the police station. We had dogs, flashlights, pitchforks. Okay, not the pitchforks, but we searched for you. And then after a week, the motorcycle was gone. Boy and Girl were on the ground next to the covers. We knew it was you.

Destiny. . . Come home. I beg you. Whatever this is, whatever has happened, you know I got your back. Ester too.

Oh shit, the police are here! Will email you later. Email me back. -Spencer.

March 2010

To: DestinysNotAChild@yahoo.com

From: EsterGonzales2010@yahoo.com

Subject: Worried

Message:

Destiny Scarlet Jones,

Don't make me say your full name again. Ever.

Gosh, this is so unlike me, you. . . You non-reader!

Sigh, Destiny, are you pulling a mystery thriller on us? Is that it? Or perhaps this is some paranormal story where you'll return after days, pale, bitten, a vampire. Because I sure as the Dickens will not treat this like a whodunnit. I refuse to think that you're. . . That somehow. . .

Anyway, like my blabbermouth of a brother must have already emailed, the police are investigating your disappearance. I'm going to cooperate as much as possible and ask the whole literary club to join in. In the meantime, don't worry about me, or Spencer, or. . . or anyone right now but you, okay? Come home to us.

March 2010

To: DestinysNotAChild@yahoo.com

The message was moved to the Trash.

March 2010

To: DestinysNotAChild@yahoo.com

From: Spencerkissmyass@yahoo.com

Subject: Theories

Message:

Okay, so it's been technically 2 weeks since you were abducted. By aliens, I presume. I get it now.

My theory is on the last day that I saw you in the school fair, you went to the ruins, like you always did. Then boom! Abduction.

So, we searched for you, right? Because we care like that. We're awesome. But then the aliens, after putting this mind-control thingy in your head, decided to let you go to destroy us all. Mind-freaking-blown!