1•

¥¥¥
Kacey

¥¥¥Kacey

¥¥¥
Kacey

'I like big butts and I cannot lie you-'

I lean over the edge of my bed and practically smash the snooze button on my alarm clock, forcing myself up out of bed.

Today is the first day of school. I can't believe I'm finally a senior now, the only downfall being the 'mean girls' of Hathons High, as I like to call them. It's cliche, I know.

I lost half of my creativity halfway through sophomore year.

The 'mean girls' make fun of me because werewolves are supposed to be 'perfect' in their opinion and to them I'm just the average fat girl. Though I lost my belly a little while ago, the memories still stay. I'm beginning to think they're only jealous because my ass is bigger than theirs.

In other words, it's your classic "pretty girl gets bullied for no reason".

I reach into my closet pulling out a black hoodie, some black jeans, and my black vans. This whole 'all black' thing I've got going on is getting old but I haven't gone shopping since my emo phase that only just ended last year.

The sound of my phone vibrating on my nightstand makes me jump a little as I check the caller I.D.

"Hey Sarah," I say with exhaustion into the phone.

"Hey, are you excited for the first day of school?" she asks me.

"Sure," I mumble, knowing what she's about to ask. She's been on my ass about finding my mate since my sixteenth birthday.

"Oh come on.  you'll finally find your mate!"

Whoop. There it is.

"It's been two years! I'm starting to lose hope," I say to her for what feels like the millionth time.

What if he's in another country? I'm broke as hell! I can't afford to leave this city!

"Come on, don't say that! I just know you'll find someone who will treat as good as Spencer treats me," she says lovingly.

Spencer's her mate. He's also one of my best friends. The two of them plus our other friend, Jack, are the only things keeping me from dropping out.

Rolling my eyes, I decide to change the conversation. "I'm almost ready. Y'all are still picking me up, right?"

With an annoyed sigh, she answers, "We're on our way. See you!"

"Later."

I hang up the call and grab one of my pillows. Taking a deep breath, I dig my face into the pillow and scream as loud as I can.

A knock on my door comes soon after. "Screaming into your pillow doesn't help! I've already tried!" My younger brother, Trevor, calls out.

I groan in response and continue getting ready.

After I brush my teeth and hair, I take a look on the picture frame beside my bed. It holds a photograph of me and my former foster cousins.

A while ago, my aunt took in two teenagers; a boy and a girl.

They were the closest things I had to older siblings... until they had to leave.

Without getting too into it, I'll just say that I miss them and every morning I pray to the moon goddess to bring them back.

After wiping the tears that I didn't even know had fallen, I move downstairs to be greeted by my family. Rocky, Trevor's twin sister, sits with him at the counter eating waffles.

"Hey K." They both greet without looking up from their phones.

"Hey guys. Are you guys excited for today?" I say with fake enthusiasm.

Trevor leans back with a cocky smirk. "Yep, I get to show off my beautiful mate in front of everyone." His smirk grows into a pure smile. He met his mate, Clara, over the summer.

I'm happy for him, but hearing him brag about her every other second makes me want to cry

"Kacey, tell me I'm going to meet my mate today. Tell me or I'll cry."

There she goes being dramatic. I'd be lying if I said I didn't love it.

"Babe, your 16th birthday was last month so you could meet him anytime

"Babe, your 16th birthday was last month so you could meet him anytime. Don't stress."

She smiled like the baddie that she is. "Thank you."

No problem. Do you know where mom and dad are?"

Trevor stands to throw his plate away. "They had to leave for work early."

"Oh... well do y'all need a ride? My friends are coming and you might be able to fit in the trunk."

They chuckled as Spencer honked his horn outside.

"Nah, Clara is coming for us," Rocky answered before turning to Trevor. "Sucks that your girlfriend has to drive you around," she oddly snickers.

Trevor smacks his teeth. "At least I have a mate." Rocky gasps and thus their argument begins.

Shaking my head I bid them farewell and leave, not so sure if they could even hear me.

Jack rolls his backseat window down and squints at me, looking at the bland outfit that he's had to see me in since the beginning of time.

"What?" I ask when I get in the car.

He looks me up and down with pursed lips. "I need to take your ass shopping."

"I don't have money."

He laughs at the statement. "That's what I'm here for."

Sara greets me and Spencer looks back at me from the driver's seat with a smile as he reaches his hand back to give me a fist bump.

With a sigh, I lean my head back and close my eyes.

The first words of the day spoken by my wolf, Kira, are enough to make me want to stay home.

"Let's go find our zaddy, sis!"