36•

¥¥¥
Spencer

¥¥¥Kacey's POV

¥¥¥
Kacey's POV

Spencer and I said farewell to our friends, who went back to sleep after breakfast, then we were off to roam the house.

Spencer unfolded the map that Tyler gave us earlier. "Let's hope there aren't too many places that we can't enter. What do you want to do first?"

"Can we go look for a book store?"

His eyes glanced over at me with a small smile. "Kacey, we can go wherever we want- within his limits- and you want to go to the library?"

Giving into his sass, I explained, "you know I've been reading that one book in parts over the years. I think I might finally finish it this time."

The only reason I've never finished it is because I always lose it. I'm awful at keeping track of things. It's really disappointing at times.

"Hey," he started, giving me a friendly nudge on the shoulder. "we can go, but whenever you finish reading for the day, give it to me so I can put it somewhere safe. I don't want you to lose it."

Aww, he's being so nice and considerate! It's like a whole new Spencer is entering my life!

"Thank you!"

"No problem. You're going to finish this book. I'll make sure of it."

"He's such a sweet guy these days. Sweeter than me because I would never do that. Figure that shit out on your own."

"You're mean! Besides, shouldn't you be pouting over the lack of Tyler?"

"Eh, he won't be gone forever. When we leave this bookstore, please don't go somewhere that'll bore me to death."

Rolling my eyes, I responded with, "I'll try."

I can't believe how nonchalant she is about the absence of Tyler. That is absolutely not what my parents made having a mate sound like.

As much as my mother and father flame each other, they feel as if they're dying if they're separated for even an hour!

We found the bookstore and walked right in.

Goodness! It's right there!

"There it is!" I exclaimed, rushing to grab it.

Spencer met me and took the book from my hands. "'Seriously? This book is for fifth graders."

Back to mean Spencer.

"You're just jealous because you never got past that reading level." His jaw dropped, offended as he walked away to the checkout lady.

Teehee. Clearing him is absolutely delicious.

I held back an evil cackle as I met him by the cashier.