31•

¥¥¥
Spencer

¥¥¥Kacey's POV

¥¥¥
Kacey's POV

It's the next morning and we're getting everything together. All of my things were in the trunk of Spencer's truck and I'm currently in my bedroom making sure I haven't forgotten anything. Most importantly, to get my teddy.

I rummaged through my closet looking for him but I find no trace. Usually he's resting on my bed but he isn't there. I have never slept at an unfamiliar place without him. It feels awful being so close about the whereabouts of my most prized possession.

My frustration gets the best of me and I let out a loud growl.

That was when Spencer arrived in the bedroom with wide eyes and panic all inside them.

"What the hell?" He came close to me and examined my body for injuries. "Are you alright?"

"Where is Cj?!" I didn't want to yell at him, but I'm scared! The only reason you've never seen me fall apart is because I always know where he is!

Tears started streaming down my face and it blurred my vision. This always happens when I'm frustrated. The intense feeling is too much for me to overcome on my own. Suddenly I felt arms around me.

"I put him in the backseat of my truck, okay?"

My breathing slowed as I began to relax. "You did?"

"He's strapped into the carseat. You want to go see?" He looked me in the eyes, searching for a trace of doubt.

We may fight a lot but he still has my back more than anyone else does.

"I-I believe you." He gave me a reassuring smile.

I then realized the position we were standing in. His arms were wrapped around me, our faces inches apart as we looked into each other's eyes.

I pulled away.

"Um," Spencer started. "Tyler's waiting downstairs. Do you want to see him before we get on the road?"

His nostrils did their usual flare at saying Tyler's name. He still isn't that fond of him.

"Uh, sure. We should probably get going now."

He nodded, turning around yet keeping his eyes on me. "You're good, right?"

I answered quickly. "Yeah! Yes I'm fine. I'm good. Thank y-"

"Don't thank me."

...wow...

He just walked downstairs.

I made sure to follow him so we could get to the cars together.

When I saw Tyler leaning against his car with Sara and Nick, I pulled Spencer to the side.

"How long has he been here?"

He shrugged. "Only about ten minutes. He said that the ride here took a little over an hour so I packed some snacks for us in the car."

Why didn't he come up to see me?

"He didn't check on me...?"

Spencer sensed that my feelings were hurt. "I was the only one in the house. I was waiting for you, so I doubt anyone else even heard."

Huh... Tyler didn't even come to greet me, though...

"Can I have the aux cord?" I shook away my sad feelings and gave Spencer a smile to persuade him.

He gave me a slight chuckle, wrapping his arm around me and walking us to his truck. "Depends. What are you going to play?"

"My birthday playlist from this year!"

"The one with over 50 genres in it? Kacey, the trip will be a rollercoaster."

"That's what makes it fun!"

He laughed, catching Tyler's attention. He turned away from his conversation with Sara and Nick to come to us.

"Hey! Ready to go?" he asked me.

That's all he has to say?

"Yes."

If that's all he has to say, then this is all I have to say.

"Cool!"

That didn't go as planned.

"Spencer, make sure you stay behind me. The path is kind of confusing."

Spencer forced a tight smile, unlocking his doors.

He took my hand to walk me to the truck and you know what? I let him.

Sara and Jack were already there.

Rocky, Jack, and I had to play rock, paper scissors to see who would ride with Tyler and the guys since all of our mates were in there. Rocky won, so Jack and I are riding with Spencer and Sara. I'm not complaining.

Sara got into the backseat. Odd.

Wait. I was holding Spencer's hand. How could I be so stupid? Just because I'm upset with Tyler doesn't mean I get to hold her mate's hand!

Spencer walked around to the driver's seat and sat in, completely focused on bringing up the directions on his phone.

I knocked on Sara's window, causing her to let it down.

"What's up?" Sara asked casually as if nothing was wrong.

"You don't want to sit up front?"

"I would, but Jack and I are fake sexting his mate."

I laughed, relieved that she isn't upset but also finding humor in their antics. "Y'all better show me the conversation later!"

She giggled, agreeing.

I was about to open the passenger door when Spencer opened it from the inside.

Will this be the tone for our stay at Tyler's place?