9•

¥¥¥
Kyle

¥¥¥Tyler's POV

¥¥¥
Tyler's POV

Why is she so great?

It's 4am and I'm just getting home since Kacey 'came to her senses' and refused to let me stay for the entire night. I've never been so happy to be kicked out of a girl's house.

"Dude you're so whipped," my wolf wrongfully accused.

"Oh I'm whipped? You haven't talked to me this whole time because you've been talking to her wolf and daydreaming about her."

"..fuck you. Bye."

With that, he blocked me out due to the personal attack and I'm now stuck with my temporary loneliness. I invited my best friends, who are also my beta and omega, over to hang out. They never sleep anyway, so they were more than ready to come over.

We like to meet in the night time when school and meetings aren't on the agenda. It's nice to keep the friendship separate from our jobs.

Tonight, they're probably going to dig into my 'relationship' and bombard me with questions about Kacey. They were the ones who told me to stop by her house and they'll be pleased to know I stayed until early morning.

I have some things to admit, though.

Werewolves feel fast. Once they meet that person that they're bound to for life, they already feel love. I love Kacey. There's no denying that fact; however, I love her the way I love Nick and Kyle.

She's a best friend to me.

This may be because we haven't accepted each other yet. I don't have any first-hand experience with this sort of thing, so I'm not exactly sure.

I'm ecstatic that she let me meet her friends. Maybe that's a sign that we could go far.  I just wish I was more certain of my feelings.

Jack and Spencer seemed a little chaotic, but it wasn't anything I wasn't used to.

Sara, on the other hand, had layers. I couldn't exactly pinpoint what she was about. We had a bit of an awkward moment when we made physical contact. There was a shock. If I didn't know any better, I'd say it was a sign for something. Luckily, I don't think I do.

"Hey, we're fucking here!" my best friend, Nick, announced in his lovely accent. I'd enjoy it more if it hadn't brought me out of my thoughts so harshly. "Stop putting your spare key under the mat! Everyone knows that shit is obvious!"

"Don't use that fucking language in his damn house, Nick!" And there's the other, Kyle.

Looks like I've got to teach them a lesson.

With a growl, I made my way to the front room where they stood. The moment they saw me, their eyes widened and they began gasping for air...

...because my hands were instantly wrapped around their throats.

"Stop yelling in my goddamn house." My wolf took control of my voice causing it to rumble throughout the house, the both of them wincing in pain and discomfort.

"W-we understand!" Kyle strained out.

I gave them one final glare before letting go, making them fall to the floor in fits of coughs.

"Dude! Not cool!" Nick yelled.

As soon as they recovered, they gifted me with swift punches to the both of my arms. "What the hell was that for?" I asked, offended as I rubbed my arms.

Nick looked at me as though it was a miracle that I asked him that.

"You always do that shit, man!"

"Yeah, we yell all the time! You should be used to it by now," they argued.

I'm not usually such a dick, but... never mind. I am.

We gathered all of Nick's home snacks that fell to the ground while I was choking them and headed upstairs to my bedroom.

"Why can't we just go to my house to do this instead of bringing all my food here?" he pondered out loud.

Kyle scoffed, tossing the food on my bed. "Dude, he's an alpha. Alpha houses are the best. Now, can I bitch to you guys please?"

"You've got a point. What's wrong?"

A goofy smile spread across Kyle's face and I could already guess what the news was about. "I found my mate today!"

I knew it!

"So did I, dude! This is great! You made it sound like you had an issue, though."

His eyes lost a bit of their brightness as he sighed. "She's 16 and her parents won't let her date older guys."

Nick's face contorted into a look of confusion. "I understand why human parents would find this suspicious, but if she's a werewolf, then her parents should understand the seriousness of this bond, correct?"

I agreed. "Yeah, we don't have it in us to take advantage of our mates like some humans would."

Since creatures, specifically werewolves, have strong bonds with their mates, it's less common for us to harm our mates and children. We might as well be hurting ourselves.

"She said she's been waiting to find me her whole life. I understand her parents are worried but it's only two years."

"Do you guys have any ideas on how you're going to solve this?"

"She invited me to have lunch with her and her family tomorrow, so hopefully I can make them like me there. But, uh, do you think you guys can join? It would mean a lot to have some moral support."

"Yeah, of course! I'll lay down my alpha charm," I said cockily.

He responded with a grimace and said, "please don't."

We all shared a laugh at that for a while, acknowledging the possibility that her parents might not actually give a fuck about my status.

"So, what's her name?"

The goofy smile returned to his face in an instant. "Rocky."

Rocky.

That name sounds familiar...

"Does she have any siblings?" I asked, trying to get more information.

"She has a twin brother named Trevor and an older sister, but I forgot her name."

Oh.

I had to conceal the creepy chuckle that was threatening to come out.

Looks like I'm meeting my mate's parents tomorrow as well.