25•

¥¥¥
Jay

¥¥¥Kacey's POV

¥¥¥
Kacey's POV

We finally arrived at the movie theater after a car ride filled with silence.

I did, however, make my own fun by watching him drive. I may not feel a complete spark just yet, but watching men drive continuously proves to be the sexiest thing ever.

Even when I watch Spencer, I can't help but gawk at the concentration in his eyes, his grip on the steering wheel, the way his-

"Kacey!"

"Huh, what?!"

"You're thirsting over our best friend/best friend's mate!"

Crap. I've been doing that more than I'd like to admit lately.

"Well, you're the one who started being soft and shit with him when the whole point of our friendship is to be assholes to each other! What's up with that?"

"Um, maybe I'm finally realizing how good of a friend he is! We have Tyler, girl! Talk to him!"

I took her advice and struck up some conversation as Tyler and I crossed the street. "What are we seeing?"

"Captain Underpants."

I grimaced and decided to play with him a little. "I hate Captain Underpants."

His eyes just narrowed at me with suspicion. "That better be a joke because I saw the books and a poster in your closet, you fucking weirdo."

I-

That did not go how I hoped.

"Well damn! I was just joking and you went and hurt my feelings!" I playfully pushed him away as he chuckled, stepping up to the teller.

"What shall it be, my dudes?" A girl around our age with short brown hair greeted.

"She's cute, Kacey. Careful not to fall in love with her like everyone else who gives you eye contact," Kira joked.

"Shut up!" I exclaimed, trying not to laugh out loud.

It's great having the voice inside your head as your best friend.

Tyler took out his wallet, examining the times on the wall. "Two adult tickets for Captain Underpants," he answered before handing her his card.

The girl's eyes widened, an amused grin spreading across her face. "Yooo that's my shit! I loved those books growing up. You guys are, like, some of the first people to buy tickets for this movie because none of these other turds have any taste."

Did she just technically call us turds?

Who cares? I like her!

"I told you..."