6•

¥¥¥

¥¥¥Kacey

¥¥¥
Kacey

"The teacher who was supposed to be here, Mrs.... anyways, was unable to make it today. Because of this, I will be taking over in her absence." He doesn't even know her name?

"Is that allowed?" Jack asked.

"I'm an Alpha, Jack. Everything is allowed."

How shitty is that? Alphas can just completely make up their own rules now? I remember when the people in charge were still one of us. They didn't feel like they were above anyone in the pack.

I'm not feeling in love.

"I'm unhappy with this decision," I said, honestly not thinking those words would exit my thoughts.

I wish they hadn't.

Sara and Jack snickered at the suddenness of my comment. Spencer just stared at Tyler to see how he'd respond.

Tyler was blank.

Does this man have any other emotions than smug? Was 'frustration' too difficult for him to display?

"May I have a word with you in the hallway, please?" he asked.

I would love to say no. Unfortunately, I have too much respect for authority.

Well... fear...

I stood up, not wanting to give him the satisfaction of hearing me verbally answer. I can keep that much of my dignity!

He opened the door of the classroom and motioned for me to exit.

Of course I heard Sara and Jack with their "ooh's". Spencer was still dead silent. I wonder what's going on in his head.

I followed Alpha Tyler's hand out of the classroom and soon the door was shut with the both of us outside of it.

"Okay my little mate," Little? I'm literally 5'10. "I'd like to know why you are disobeying me and why you are ignoring our bond."

Ignoring? What am I supposed to do? Jump into his arms and fuck him?

"Alpha Tyler, I'm not quick to jump into relationships with people I don't know. Especially when those people are dicks."

All right. I'm being a little too truthful today. I have to remember that he's an alpha and can have me executed. He doesn't exactly have a reputation for being nice.

"You think I'm a dick? You don't even know me."

"Um, I know that you slammed your car door into me and walked away without even looking back!"

He better not say that he didn't feel it because there is just no damn way.

"Kacey, I was in a rush. I'm not always mindful of my surroundings."

"Well, I've got to say that's a bit concerning coming from someone whose job is to protect hundreds of people."

"Kacey-"

"What?" I snapped. I don't know why. It's just that the pure sight of his face is pissing me off times one thousand. This isn't right. I'm supposed to be in love.

"Kacey..." He took my hand in his and I felt his eyes on me. My head was down. He tilted his head to meet my eyes. "I'm sorry. Give me a chance."

Aw... well now I feel bad.

He probably thinks I'm going to reject him, which could quite possibly kill him. Most people who are rejected by their mates end up dying of a 'broken heart'. I couldn't do that to someone.

But at the same time, will I just be forced to live the rest of eternity with a lover whom I don't truly love?

"Girl, you're pissing me off. We've been waiting years for this moment!" Kira was verbally beating me up. She was right, though. We have been waiting for this. So why do I get this feeling that it should've been someone else?

You know what? I'm going to give him a chance. Maybe the feelings will come later!

All I know is I'm not rejecting nor accepting anyone today.

"Okay."

He visibly perked up at my one word response. "Okay? You will?"

Sigh... he is kind of cute. "Yes, I will. But I won't promise anything!"

"You don't have to! The opportunity to prove myself is all that I need."