15•

¥¥¥
Spencer

¥¥¥Spencer's POV

¥¥¥
Spencer's POV

Only once.

Only once have I ever wanted to rip someone's heart out. Until tonight.

It was a sunny day in third grade when we met. Coach Wilson had just sent me to the corner for punching some dumbass in the face. When I got there, there were two girls playing uno. I was pretty sure they were there by choice. Kacey was the first one to look at me. Her eyes widened and she looked down in fear.

To this day I still don't know what she was so afraid of.

Sara noticed me afterward.

The minute we made eye contact she began giggling and wouldn't stop for minutes. That was when Jack came rushing over begging us to hide him. Apparently some dudes were chasing him around because Jack accidentally bumped into one of them. Fights were started for little to no reason back then. Although they were all a bit off, we quickly became friends and Sara and I later found out we were mates.

When I saw those two guys on top of her tonight, it brought me back to my "angry kid" days. When I started beating one of the guys, my heart began to thump extremely fast and it was a feeling that I never wanted to stop. I'd like to think I wasn't thinking straight but somehow I'm never more competent than I am when anger is flooding my brain.

I was about to kill him when all of a sudden Kacey's face popped into my brain. She wouldn't want me to kill him. So I had Jack make sure I didn't continue. I need to thank him for that.

"It's not too late to go back and kill him."

"Now isn't the time, Xavier."

The whole ride home was silent and my knuckles were a sharp white as I practically strangled the steering wheel.

As soon as we got home, I carried Sara up to Kacey's room since she fell asleep during the car ride.

It was silent.

I haven't been this serious in a while. Now I just have to get through school on Monday without wanting to finish the job.

She looks peaceful as she sleeps and I try to focus on only that right now.

"Look at how innocent she is, man. You should've let me take full control", my wolf huffs out, once again voicing his anger.

Suddenly her eyes flicker open as they adjust to the light. "Spencer," She whispers.

"Yeah?"

"Are you okay?"

I scoff. "I should be asking you that question."

"I'm asking you. Are you okay?"

How could she be worried about me? She was always so selfless. I've hardly ever seen her try to help herself. I guess that's what drew me to her as a friend before we were mates.

"I'm fine." I sigh and take her hand in mine.

She hums softly. "I love you."

I freeze. Suddenly those words cause a lump in my throat. "I love you too." Her eyes slowly shut and her breathing slows down again. I kiss her cheek and walk back downstairs.

Jack and Kacey abruptly end their conversation to look at me.

Way to make a guy feel awkward...

I stand at the counter tapping my foot. Then, I feel sparks.

Kacey put her arm on my shoulder.

I heard her gasp but pretended I didn't as I quickly pulled away.

Shit.

"A- are you alright?" She worries.

I try not to look at her.

"I'm gonna go for a run." Before either of them can say anything, I'm out the door and heading into the forest behind Kacey's house.

The only sounds in my head are the growls of my wolf.

"Let me out."

I quickly comply with his command and shift into wolf form in the air.

My black fur is blown heavily by the wind.

This shouldn't be happening. Sara is my mate.

My paws hit the ground harder as I run faster. My left paw is suddenly in extreme pain as a stick stabs through it.
Nonetheless I keep running.

What the fuck is going on?

A rabbit runs in front of me and I'm suddenly pulled back. Almost as if a force field is preventing me from running into her.

The rabbit just stares at me with its entrancing purple eyes.

I've never seen a rabbit with purple eyes before.

Her hair is so white, it's almost blue.

It's almost like she's blinding me.

The last things I remember are her purple eyes glowing brighter and brighter as they entrapped my own in them.

I black out.