41•

¥¥¥
Kacey

¥¥¥Kacey's POV

¥¥¥
Kacey's POV

Should I confront Spencer about the whole 'mine' thing?

I know he's with Sara so he couldn't actually mean it.

But we did have a little... moment?

I don't know what happened. He just looked into my eyes. Then I looked into his eyes. It was so awkward.

We were also very close while spinning the wheels. It was so wrong. But is it bad that I liked all of it?

I sound so cliche.

It was all I could think about while he was beating me in basketball.

I'm going to say something.

"Hey, Spencer?"

"What's up?" he asked with his focus on moving us past the crowd. His hand is in mine.

Instead of freaking out over that as well, I stopped walking and pulled him to the side. "When you said 'mine' earlier to that guy, um, what did you mean by that?"

His eyes darted to the left. "I just had to make him believe you were mated- which you are! Just not by me! Why else would I?" He chuckles awkwardly.

I chuckle along with him. "Of course. Why else would you?"

"Right? Totally." He continues to chuckle awkwardly. "Um do you think Sara and Tyler were acting weird?"

"Weird how?" We start walking to the gift shop again.

"When we went up to them, they were really giggly."

"Oh, I know they were lying. Sara has this tell. Whenever she lies, she has to scratch her nose."

"She scratches her nose a lot."

I raise my eyebrows and smile apologetically as he gasps. "I knew she didn't really like my banjo cover of Formation!"

I laugh out loud. "Yeah! I'm not sure why though. It was pretty good."

"You really think so?"

"Yep loved it. Of course I think I could do way better with my obo." I say proudly.

He scoffs. "Oh really?"

"Yep." I answer smugly.

"Maybe we should do a duet."

"Banjo and obo. That should be interesting." We both laugh together. When I sense the eye contact growing too strong again, I change the subject.

"I had a fun time earlier today."

"Me too. I never knew a person could like spinach pizza so bad." He smiles at the memory of me almost beating that guy's ass.

"It's not my fault they're the best things ever created."