56

Kacey

"So you're going nowhere to do nothing because you're not hiding anything?" Spencer asked.

I may or may not have explained what we were going to do in a poor way.

Jack and Sara are too busy being mushy with their mates to help me lie.

"Yep!"

He looked confused for a while until a knowing grin stretches across his face. "I know what's going on."

Uh-oh...

"You guys are..."

Goodness, just say it!

"...finally planning my surprise party!"

"I'm so- wait, what?"

He just smirked cockily, tapping the side of his head with his index. "I have a sense about these things."

"Damn," I started, figuring I can get away with this. "will you at least pretend to be surprised?"

"You got it," he sent a wink my way before leaving with Tyler, who shook his head as he gave Sara a goodbye hug.

Aww, my man is still a little slow but he'll learn eventually.

"Success," Sara cheered. "Now let's go!"

"Wait! We don't have a ride," I reminded them, causing them to both let out tired groans.

"Who's carrying her?"

Hehe... pregnant lady can't shift.

They play Rock Paper Scissors and it results in the victory of Jack, meaning Sara had to carry me on her back.

We all found one of the forest pathways so they could shift.

There's always a way to get somewhere by passing through the woods just in case you want or have to walk there in wolf form. They only require this for the wolves and other large forms, but the smaller ones like pixies and kittens can roam free.

Lucky little pipsqueaks.

Sara finished shifting and Jack lifted me on her back, prepping himself to walk beside us with his human legs.

Sara mind linked me before she began.

"Hold on tight. We've gotta keep those babies safe."

I secured my grip on her fur and they began their quick journey.

Feeling like Renesme on Jacob's back right now. Safe.

I couldn't stop thinking about Spencer during the walk to the restaurant. Here I am lying to him about my whereabouts and for what? To get some girl fired?

Some girl...

Some bitch who put laxatives in my man's food! She had my baby screaming for dear life in my bathroom! Why did I ever feel sorry for her?

I'm getting furious at the thought of her thinking up her diabolical plan. What was shit-inducing my mate's food going to solve? Was that supposed to make me fall in love with her or something?

"Kacey," Jack said, taking pictures of himself on his cellphone.

"What?"

"Your mindlink is on."

...oops...

"Lady, this pregnancy thing is making you bonkers. You've been wishy-washy about your feelings forever now."