28•

¥¥¥
Shanaya & Alpha James

¥¥¥Shanaya & Alpha James

¥¥¥
Kacey's POV

Spencer finally stopped the car, allowing all of us to exit. Unfortunately, due to the amount of people, there were only enough seats for five of us which meant someone had to make a compromise.

Jay groaned as he got out of the car last.

"Laying across a bunch of hot people's laps isn't as fun as it sounds."

"Babe! You're only supposed to find me hot," Susan angrily said after... slapping Jay in the face...

We're hitting our mates now?

Jay didn't look like he was in physical pain from the slap, but his eyes lost a little bit of their light.

Fuck Susan. I wish I had time to warn Jay before he met her.

"Susan, do you just never stop being a bitch?" I asked her, sticking up for my new friend.

"What? Am I not allowed to get pissed off when he calls other people hot?"

Sara interjected. "You can feel how you want to feel, but the slap was unnecessary and wrong."

Susan scoffed, not liking our energy towards her. "He's a guy. All I did was tap his face."

The look on Jay's face says otherwise. A little tap can be a big deal when it's done this way by someone you're supposed to love.

And it was not a little tap. She left a red spot.

"Look at him," Spencer said, motioning to a silent Jay as he stared off into the distance. He must be in his thoughts. Possibly having second ones. "Fucking apologize."

I appreciated the aggression Spencer showed. He usually doesn't lose his cool with Susan, but he has absolutely no tolerance for putting your hands on people you claim to care about.

"Will everyone just stop ganging up on me? Jay hasn't even said anything and he's the one that I supposedly hurt!"

We were shocked when Jay's eyes suddenly lit up and a smile stretched across his face.

"See? He's happy!"

Suddenly a girl's shriek was heard and my heart almost jumped out of my chest. Turning to the direction of the noise, we all spotted a girl with long black curly hair 'running' toward us in slow motion? Alpha James, Tyler's ally pack, was just watching her.

That must be Shanaya...

Wait a second. It's him?

He's the wolf that became a teacher just to get closer to his mate?

People call him the teacher that only speaks to them when he has to! He's, like, an urban legend! How come I never knew about him and this girl? Man, I'm oblivious to everything happening around me.