61

Kacey

Hi.

I'm due anyday now.

Am I happy? Yes. Am I excited to finally look into the eyes of the babies that I've been carrying for so long? Of course! Am I terrified beyond belief? More than you know.

But, luckily, I get to raise them with the love of my life.

Oh! I have another question!

Am I pissed that I'm not married? VERY!

I've never told Spencer this, but I've always dreamt that first would come love, then would come marriage, and then would come the baby in the baby carriage. I know that it's corny to some, but it's the only thing that I really wanted that I could see coming true. I don't hold anything against him since it took the both of us to make these babies. I just wish we had thought a little bit more about our future while we were... making ourselves comfortable in that house.

"So," Shanaya started. We've spent most of our pregnancy together. It's nice to have someone to be pregnant with. Someone to relate to. "who do you think is giving birth first?"

"Wow, what a question. Hmm... how are you feeling?"

"Like my pee could fill an ocean."

"Goodness."

I feel the same.

"I think you will since you got pregnant first."

"Oh, yeah, by a couple of weeks! I know my due date is in eight days, but what if the gods just can't wait to make me a mommy?"

"Would that be so bad?"

"...I don't know... I don't have parents! Maybe they just really want me to be the first of my bloodline and so they can't wait!"

...huh?

"What about your mom?"

Shanaya scoffed. "That woman is not my real mother. I am a child of nature. From the time I was born, I've only seen her a few times a year!"

What?!

"Huh? The way you talk about her makes her seem like your standard overbearing mother!"

"Well that's because of the spell my creator cast on her!"

"Excuse me?"

Listen. Nobody told me that a symptom of pregnancy was having hallucinations. I just can't believe the words that I'm hearing. Confusion and a bellyache do not make a good combination. The confusion mixed with my pain is just making me agitated.

"Oh my goodness. I always forget to tell people! Kacey, I was not born!"

"What the f-"

I couldn't even voice my horrified thoughts because her stupid mate came bursting through the door!

"What's wrong, baby?" he asked with a look in his eyes that scared me.