47•

¥¥¥

¥¥¥Kacey's POV

¥¥¥
Kacey's POV

"You want some banana nut muffins and juice boxes and that's all, right?" Spencer clarifies with me as he stands at the foot of our bed.

I'm currently one month into my pregnancy and we're still staying in Tyler's house.

I want to say I'm not worried about the rogue situation since it's been so long, but unfortunately the problem isn't over.

Before we moved in, Tyler told me that the rogues were after me. I just assumed it was because I was his mate at the time and they thought it would be an easy way to get to him. But, he recently got word that they're still after me.

Strangely enough, I'm not as worried as I should be. As much as I try to scare myself with the possibilities of them murdering me and everyone I love... nothing works.

Maybe that's just a sign that everything is under control.

"Or a sign that you hate everyone here," Kira mutters.

"Yep! That's all I want," I tell Spencer.

"You're sure?" He asks, raising an eyebrow.

I roll my eyes and drop my hands beside me. "You always ask that."

"And you're never sure."

I open my mouth to speak, but nothing comes out.

He's right.

"This time I'm sure," I assure him.

He nods slowly, creeping towards the door.

"Wait!"

He sighs before turning around again.

Shanaya grins sheepishly at him.

She's laying with me.

"Can you get some Oreos too, please?" She asks with a bat of her eyelashes.

His nostrils flare a bit in frustration before he walks out.

Shanaya hums with contentment before asking, "Have you two talked about names yet? We have JJ for James Jr. if it's a boy and Ellie if it's a girl."

"Those are cute! We would do the same but SJ doesn't sound too good," I say and she matches my grimace. "So we picked Lin and Kellyn!"

Her eyebrows curl curiously, nodding slowly as if she's deep in thought. "Are those meaningful names?"

My mind suddenly flashes with flashbacks of my childhood, remembering them.