44•

¥¥¥
Kacey

¥¥¥Kacey's POV

¥¥¥
Kacey's POV

We had all arrived at the house and everyone else was back in their rooms. I'm not sure if this was purposeful on his part, but Spencer and I were taking our time outside.

I was following the rest of our group to the front door when a hand suddenly grabbed my hand, gently yet with assertiveness.

Of course it was Spencer taking us to a chair by the house, hidden by trees.

"Spencer, what's-"

"I love you, Kacey."

...my heart stopped beating...

He couldn't possibly have meant that in the way that I think, right?

"Um... I love you, too. We've been friends for years."

Did that sound as stupid as it felt? I just don't want to jump the gun and embarrass myself!

"Kacey..." He took the both of my hands in his and made it so that I couldn't escape his eyes.

Oh my...

"I love you and I believe that you're the one that I'm meant to be with."

He does love me!

My heart was resuscitated and began doing backflips.

"Kacey, this is it! We don't have to guess anymore!"

In a way, Kira was right. But also...

"Sara..." I let my best friend's name slip past my lips.

"This isn't about Sara. This is about us."

"But there can be no us without destroying her!"

"Kacey-"

"No! We already hurt her when we kissed. I'm not going to do it again-"

"She's in love with Tyler."

My eyes snapped up to him. "What...?"

He sighed, his jaw clenching as he looked straight ahead. "She told me."

I took my hands away from his. "When did she tell you this?"

He looked even further away. No. He can't do that. I've been stressing out about my feelings just to find out that she's been having them for my mate as well? And if this is true, then Spencer must have told her about his feelings for me! I was the only one kept in the dark and forced to bottle up my emotions!

"After you and I kissed..."

Are you fucking kidding me?

"Are you fucking kidding me?"