37•

¥¥¥
Kacey

¥¥¥Kacey's POV

¥¥¥
Kacey's POV

"Let me back in there!"

"No!"

Spencer is currently holding me back from kicking some dude's ass.

He takes me outside of the restaurant and sets me down on a bench.

Tyler's house is a city within itself.

"You need to calm down."

I can't stop my foot from vigorously tapping on the tile. "I can't calm down. Did you see the look on his face?"

Spencer and I were just getting done with our food so I went up to get dessert. I was so happy to see that there were five left. I was standing beside them, waiting for some guy to get his and leave. I thought he was just going to get one or two, but nope! He got all five! He made eye contact with me the whole time he was getting them, too. He saw me waiting for those cinnamon rolls and he just got them!

"I want to rip his heart out!"

Spencer tries to reason with me. "Yes, but you could've gotten more when they came out fresh."

I heavily sigh. "Why did you take me out? I wasn't going to do anything!" I cross my arms and huff.

He wrinkles his nose and cocks his head. "Kacey you were ready to kill him!"

I force my foot to stop tapping and slow down my breathing.

"I'm calm now."

He cocks his eyebrow. "Really?"

"Yes."

"Really?"

"Yes now take me in before I change my mind."

He chews on his lip as he contemplates letting me back in. He finally agrees.

"Fine but no cracking skulls."

I hold up my right hand in a promise.

He sighs and holds my hand as we walk back in. I feel sparks but just assume that he shocked me.

The first thing I see when we get there is the guy happily munching on MY cinnamon rolls while staring me directly in the eye.

I speak through gritted teeth, "I need to smack that grin off of his face."

"Kacey look." He points to a full cinnamon tray.

"Yes!" I run to the tray not caring who saw me and got five cinnamon rolls to equal the ones that I lost.

"You know," a familiar squeaky ass voice starts. "maybe people wouldn't make fun of you so much if you ate a little less." I turn around and see the first two girls we saw at the arcade.

"Are you stalking us now?" I ask.

"Of course not. We were hungry. But I'm not really in the mood for seeing a cow stuff its face with cinnamon rolls so let's go." She tells her little red headed friend and they walk away adding an extra sway to their movements.

I grimace as Spencer's nostrils flare. "Why are those bitches so obsessed with me?"

"They're lucky they didn't ruin my appetite."

I scoff. "Your appetite is never ruined." I tell him.

"That's true. What about yours?" He asks. To answer his question, I pick up one more cinnamon rolls. "Hell yeah!" He high fives me and goes to get brownies.

After eating we went back to the arcade and played basketball. I beat him two times! Sure, he beat me twelve times... but I still beat him twice!

He's still bragging about it. "I'm just wondering why you have all that height and you can't even shoot!"

I finally have enough and pull him by the collar. "I may not be able to shoot a ball but I can shoot a cocky jock."

All he does is smirk under my touch. "Jokes on you, I like kinky shit."

Holding back laughter I curse him out, letting him go.

As we near the corner that leads to the living room, we stop.

"Did you have fun today, Kacey?"

I smile. "Yeah, I really needed that to take my mind off things."

"No problem. You're one of my favorite clients."

"I better be." I say laughing.

The sound of cursing cuts off our little moment. We turn the corner to see Jack and Sara playing against eachother in some fighting video game as the others watch. Minus Tyler, James, Nick, and Kyle, who are still in meetings.

"Hey," I greet them and they glance at me and wave, careful not to lose concentration.

Spencer yawns. "I'm gonna go dress down."

I yawn as well, mimicking his action. "Yeah me too."

We walk up the stairs and into my bedroom where he left his favorite pair of joggers.

"We should do this more often," I tell him once I close the door.

"Yeah, Sara and I haven't really gone out and done something fun for a while. It feels like all we have are awkward silences. Even 'I love you's' feel weird."

Wait. That's how it is with Tyler. We only kissed each other and even then it felt like we were faking it.

"Oh," is all I can say.

His eyes widen. "Sorry! You probably don't want to hear this about your best friend."

"No it's okay! You listened to me. Besides you're my best friend, too."

"You sure?"

"Bring it," I say.

We take a seat on the bed and I listen to his woes. I was surprised to hear that most of his problems with Sara were my own with Tyler.

"I wonder if Tyler and Sara feel the same," Kira says.

Spencer said that he hasn't been able to smell Sara coming and their marks are even starting to fade. It's a bit scary to be honest.

I don't want to say I don't have feelings for Tyler anymore. But if it's not him, then who is my mate? And who's his?