Chapter 3 - Kill the Conversation

A/N:

Please vote and add the story to your reading list if you're enjoying it so far. This will be a short chapter, like about 400+ words.

Ezio' POV

"An Evilbird, the danger beast that has the power to destroy entire villages, and here you are... roasting it like it's a chicken." Akame starts giggling.

"It might be big, but it's not much of a challenge," Akame says. "Boss should be here soon."

I look at her, she hasn't really changed much, but she did change her clothes. I didn't really expect her to be excited to see me, I would've expected a sword penetrated through my chest, but here I am talking to an old friend... I wonder if she's still socially awkward.

"So what happened to you while I was gone?" I ask her.

"Well... after Gozuki's death, I've been sent to the capital to work with the Imperial Army. I started to do more assassination missions. I was then assigned to kill Najenda." Akame continues, "When I confronted her, she convinced me to join the assassin group Night Raid, and fight with the Revolution."

"Interesting."

"Yeah. So, Ezio, why are you here?" Akame asks.

"Well... umm... to be honest..." Before I could finish, a woman with short white hair, a metal arm, and an eye patch interrupted.

"Hey, Ezio, remember me?" Najenda asks.

"Yeah, I can see you changed a lot," I said, staring at her metal arm.

Najenda just smirks at him, Akame tosses her a giant chicken wing.

"So what brings you back here?" Najenda asks.

"Well, that's what I was going to answer to Akame," Ezio replied. "The truth is, I was planning on bringing Akame and a few other people with me back to Italy."

Najenda sighs. "Ezio, we're trying to fight against the Empire. We need Akame to fight with us."

"I might sound selfish, but I don't want anyone to die... not again..." I look down at the ground.

Najenda starts thinking, then comes up with an idea.

"I have an idea." Najenda continues, "How about you join us, I've seen you fight before. We'll need someone like you in the Revolution Army."

I rest my chin on my fist. "I'll help out... but in return, I can't promise this, but I'll try my best to keep everyone alive."

Akame smiles at me, so I smiled back.

"Then it's settled. Ezio is officially a member of Night Raid!"