Chapter 23: Kill the Tragedy

A/N: Two more chapters left! I really want this to be finished so I can focus on my other stories. Don't forget to vote and follow me if you enjoy Akame ga Creed!

I ran towards the man. He was limping towards a forest.

"HEY!" I shouted. The man stopped and turned around.

"If you're gonna kill me. Get it over with." He said.

I looked at him. I had my hand on the hilt of my sword. I look at him... I couldn't help but feel sympathy for him. I sighed and let go of my blade.

"My name's Ezio. What's yours?" I asked him, trying to sound as friendly as I can.

Despite the mask, he was wearing. I could tell he is giving me a confused look.

"It's Bols... aren't you supposed to-"

"Kill you?" I interrupted, "yeah, but... sometimes I like to talk to my targets. Get to know them until I end their life."

I heard a quiet chuckle come out from him. "I thought you assassins are ruthless killers." He chuckled.

I walk towards him. "That's not fully true. My comrades can be childish." I chuckle as well.

I look at the forest behind him then looked back at Bols. "Wanna sit down? You look pretty fucked up." I grinned.

"Uhh... sure." He walked towards a tree and sat down, leaning his back on it. I did the same with the other tree beside him.

"You have a family, Bols?" I asked him. Bols nodded.

"Yes I do... what about you, Ezio?" He asked.

"I have a sister back at home," I answered. "And my comrades are like family to me... probably because I have to watch over them sometimes."

Bols laughs. "Same thing with my comrades."

I laugh alongside him. I stopped and looked at Bols. "Why are you fighting?" I asked him.

"Hmm?"

"Why are you fighting? You have a family. Isn't it risky to be fighting alongside with the Empire and probably put your family at risk?" I asked.

Bols went silent for a moment until he spoke up. "Before the Jaegers; I was in the incineration squad for the Empire.
I burnt down villages and executed many people who I actually considered to be innocent people." He continues. "I felt like I was the bad guy and that everyone felt the same way... until I met my wife. She didn't care what I was."

I look at him and I felt like garbage. He is actually a good man. I don't think I want to kill him. "Bols... go to your family," I said.

He looks at me. "What?" He asked in surprise.

"I said: go to your family. You should be with them." I stood up and held my hand out to him. He took my hand as I pulled him up.

"I-I don't know what to say..." he stammered.

I chuckled at him. "If we both survive this; we're gonna meet at the pub in the Capital, and you're introducing me to your family."

Bols chuckle back at me. "Thank you." I nodded at him as I watched him limp away into the forest. I sigh to myself and walked in the other direction.

Later, I was walking in the forest until I stumbled upon Lubbock and Chelsea. They noticed me and smiled. I smile back at them as I walked towards the two.