Chapter 14: Kill the Hardships

Ezio wandered through the halls, then notices Mine running. "You look pumped. Finally healed?" Ezio asked her.

Mine stopped in front of him and nodded, "Yes, I have to work twice as hard for the loss of Sheele and Bulat!" She answered enthusiastically.

Ezio just crosses his arms and smirks at her. "Anyways, can you train with me?" Mine requested.

"Even in training; you probably won't stand a chance." He laughed softly.

Mine glares at him, then ran passed him. "Don't be too prideful, old man!"

"Hey! I'm in my early thirties!"

At a Graveyard in the Capital

Esdeath looked down at three graves of her deceased subordinates. "You guys lost... which means you were too weak." She said in a sad, but also disappointed tone.

General Jibaku was behind her, watching her. "It is only natural for the weak to be eliminated." The Black Shogun said. Esdeath smirked. She stood up and turned around to face him.

"Good evening, general." Her smirk then changes into a smile.

"Your group of teigu users arrived an hour ago." General Jibaku stated. Esdeath's eyes widen, forgotten that it was today. Esdeath dashed away from him, running towards the palace.

Night Raids Hideout (Ezio's POV)

I watched Tatsumi and Lubbock do push-ups as Leone and Akame sat on them. I walked towards them. "What's with the training?" I asked. Tatsumi looked up at me, still doing push-ups.

"I'm training to get stronger to use Incursio." He answered enthusiastically. I start remembering the day Tatsumi came back after his mission to take down Esdeath's men without Bulat. He then told us that Bulat died. We were sad, but we chose to not let it interfere with our goals. I turned around to see Mine slamming the door open.

"Hey, Mine, it's good to see you all recovered." Leone said. Mine looked at Tatsumi and Lubbock with a weird look.

"What are you guys doing?" She asked the two.

"Tatsumi is trying to train hard in order to use Incursio." I answered. Mine looks at Tatsumi then looks back at me.

"Ready to spar, Ezio?" Mine asked. I grinned at her.

"You don't have a chance."

After hearing an insult from Akame to Leone and training with Mine, Najenda came out with a large bag on her back. We all look at her.

"What's with the getup?" Tatsumi asked.

"I'm leaving to the Revolutionary Army's Base to get new members." Najenda said. She turns her head to face me. "Ezio, I'm leaving you in charge." She said I nodded at her.

When she left us, I looked at Akame. "Alright, I'm gonna go out. So, Akame, I'm leaving you in charge." I said, walking out of the training yard.

"Hey!" Tatsumi shouted. "Is it really okay to leave her in charge!?" Tatsumi asked loudly. I turned around to face Tatsumi.

"There won't be any problems. Right, Akame?" I asked. Akame nodded.

At The Palace In The Capital

"You seem pretty excited, Esdeath." General Jibaku said. Esdeath nods at him. She takes out a mask and starts putting it on. They made it to the room where her new team is. "Alright. Let's see what you got." Esdeath opened the door. "I DON'T RECOGNIZE ANY OF YOU! WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN THIS ROOM!?" She shouted. I back away from the people's sight. I chuckled and walked down the hall. I saw a mysterious man wearing a gas mask cocking a rifle and walked towards the room where Esdeath was.

Esdeath's POV

"Surprised to see me?" I asked the shocked members.

"I'm surprised you didn't sense me." Said a mysterious voice. I felt a barrel of a rifle poke the back of my head. "But either way, you still would've trapped me in a tomb of ice." The man said. I chuckled and turned around to face the mysterious masked man.

"I am Doku... but people call me Dr. Osore. You might've heard about me from the 'poisonous' tragedy in a village outside of the Capital." He said, reaching his hand out to me.

I smirked and shook his hand. "Good to have you on the team, Doctor."