Chapter 19: Kill the Painting

A/N: I'll try my best to make the chapters more than 1000 words from now on, but after this chapter, I'll start doing it. This chapter will be a little short.

The assassins jumped off of the danger beast and looked around. "Looks like no one has ever been here before," Tatsumi said. Najenda nods at him.

"Yup. This is an unexplored region." Najenda continues, "the revolutionary army's reconnaissance team is searching around the Capital for a new base for us."

While Chelsea befriended Akame and the human teigu known as "Susanoo" was building a house and cooked food. Ezio looked around the area and saw a strange figure wearing clothing which looked similar to Italy's fashion. Ezio turned to Najenda.

"Hey, Najenda. I thought you said this place was unexplored." He points at the mysterious figure. Najenda looks at it.

"Well, whoever it is, they don't seem to be carrying a weapon," Najenda said. The figure then turns their head towards them and starts waving their arms.

"HEY!" The figure shouted with excitement. Ezio took a better look at the figure, he then realizes who it is.

"What the hell is he doing here?" Ezio muttered to himself.

Najenda heard what Ezio said. "You know who that guy is?" She asked. Ezio nodded.

"That's my friend from Italy... Leonardo Da Vinci..." the figure is now known as Leonardo ran down the hill, carrying what looked to be a palette and a wooden easel, he had a large backpack on his back. When Leonardo ran towards the group, he dropped all his things and kneeled on the ground looking exhausted. The other assassins surrounded him. Leonardo got up and took a deep breath before grabbing Ezio into a hug.

"Ezio, my friend!" Leonardo starts laughing cheerfully. Ezio pushes him off him.

"What the hell are you doing here?!" Ezio asked, sounding slightly annoyed. Leonardo continued laughing.

"I heard the Empire has beautiful landscapes. A perfect place for an artist to do their work!"

As some of the assassins were confused about Leonardo, the artist looks at Akame with a glow in his eyes. He grabs her hand and starts shaking it furiously.

"You must be the red-eye girl Ezio talked about," Leonardo said. Akame was surprised by what he said but nodded anyway. "Y-Yeah." Akame stuttered.

"How do you two know Ezio?" Tatsumi asked out of the blue. Leonardo smiles at him.

"Well, back in Italy, Ezio was a master assassin. Some of his missions were pretty difficult, so I made some inventions to help make his assassinations easier." Leonardo explained. He then points at the air rifle strapped over Ezio's shoulder. "That rifle is made to propel projectiles by means of compressed air, in contrast to widespread flintlock pistols and muskets, which used a propellant charge. While incapable of firing bullets as other firearms, it was used as a diversionary weapon, capable of firing a variety of darts, similar to the blowpipes."

As Leonardo stopped talking about the inventions he made, he stared at the members of Night Raid.

"Hold on." He starts moving everyone sides to side. Akame and Tatsumi in the middle, Leone and Mine next to Tatsumi, Chelsea and Ezio next to Akame, and Susanoo, Lubbock and Najenda on the side. Leonardo sets up the wooden easel and places the palette on it. He goes through his travel backpack and takes out a brush and different colours of paint.

After three hours of standing, Leonardo finally stops painting. "Finished!" Leonardo shouted. Everyone started sighing in relief, except for Akame and Susanoo. The artist gestures them to come over to see. As the assassins walked over to see the painting, they were astonished.

"W-Wow," Mine exclaimed.

"You are really good," Tatsumi added.

They all looked at Leonardo. The artist makes a prideful smirk.

"Finally, someone who appreciates my art." Leonardo walked towards his things and picks them up. He handed the painting to Akame. "Take it as a gift."

He said before walking away. "Wait." Najenda stops him. Leonardo turned around to face them. "You want us to escort you out of here?" Najenda offered.

Leonardo smiles and shakes his head before showing off a gun that is given to imperial officers. "I can take care of myself." He turned around and walks off.

Akame hung the painting in the living room, she stepped back and took a look at it. Ezio was on the couch and looked at her.

"You seem to like the painting." The hooded assassin chuckled. Akame continued starting at the painting and smiles.

"I love it." She replied. Akame claps her hands together. "Well, I'm going fishing with Susanoo. I'll see you later." She said before walking away.