Chapter 12: Kill the Responsibility

A/N: Don't forget to share the story to your friends and followers!

Ezio's POV

"Alright... Ezio, while Tatsumi and Bulat are on their mission. The others and I will be going to the Revolutionary Armies Headquarters, stay here and make sure that girl doesn't leave!" She ordered. I just narrowed my eyes at her.

"Aye. Najenda." He saluted jokingly. Najenda exited the building, same with the other girls.

"Ahem..." I turn around to see Spear, the girl I saved from yesterday. She was wearing a purple overskirt, and still wore her big hat. "Mind telling me why a member of Night Raid saved my life?" She asked, crossing her arms at me.

I scratched my head nervously. "W-well. I was around the area, then I saw what happened. So... I jumped in to help." I answered. She started glaring at me.

"You decided to help...after most of my men were slaughtered!?" She questioned loudly.

I slowly back away from her. "What was I supposed to do? Go in and get myself killed as well? I don't have a teigu!" I shouted back at her. "Even if I tried to do something... we all would've died anyway. So cut the bullshit and get over it." Her eyes started to drop tears, I look at her in surprise.

"My father is dead, jackass." She stormed away from me. I just sighed, thinking about what would've happened if I came earlier.

Somewhere on the outskirts of the Capital

"You see the Imperial Soldier on the horse?" Jack asked Phantom nodded, aiming his rifle at the soldier. "Fire when ready," Jack said to him.

Phantom pulled the trigger, as the bullet flew through the riders head, his body fell off the horse. "Nice shot..." Phantom gave him a thumbs up. "Alright, let's go. We gotta find Spear."

Night Raids Hideout

Ezio knocks on the door where Spear was in. He opened the door, seeing the blonde beauty laying on his bed. "Do you need anything?" The assassin asked. Spear notices him, then faces the other direction. Ezio sighed. He walked towards her, then sat on a chair across the bed.

"Look... I'm sorry about-" "it's fine." Spear interrupted, gripping tightly on the pillow she was hugging.

"I know how it feels," Ezio said. Getting Spears' attention. "I lost my father too."

Spear looks at me. "Really?" She asked. I nodded. "I watched as the executor hanged him," I said.

Somewhere North Of The Capital

"I'm getting old for this shit," Jack said, hopping off the horse he was riding. Phantom did the same. They walked towards a bar that was across them.

When they entered the bar, they saw a bunch of people, none looked like they were working for the Empire. "We need to find someone who's with the Revolution," Jack whispered to Phantom. Phantom nodded and walked the other direction, as Jack walked towards the bar counter. Jack sat on a seat that was next to young women with short blonde hair with two long bangs that frame the sides of her head, she also had golden eyes. Jack feels her eyes on him.

"I'm surprised to see a cute guy like you in an Imperial uniform." She said seductively.

Jack sighs, "After what happened to me and my now dead men... I feel like I'm fighting for the wrong side." Jack said, signalling the bartender to get him a drink.

The young lady stared at him and grins. "What happened?" She asked curiously. Jack turns his head to face her.

"My men and I were escorting the ex-prime minister and his daughter to the Capital. Until three men you might know as 'the Three Beasts'. They killed off my men and the ex-prime minister... his daughter is nowhere to be found. Me and that big guy with the mask over there made it out alive." Jack explained and pointed at Phantom who was in a fight with two guys, which ended with the poor souls' necks being snapped. Leone looked at him with surprised and started chuckling.

"I think I can help you."

At Night Raids Hideout (Ezio's POV)

"Here," I said, handing Spear a bowl of soup. She takes the bowl and starts drinking from it. She looked up at me.

"Th-Thank you..." she thanked her face a little red. I look out the window and say Akame and Najenda entering the entrance.

"I gotta go." I walk towards the door.

"Wait..." I turn around to face Spear, sitting up on the bed.

"C-Can you stay for a few minutes?" She asked. Spear was making those face girls use to get what they want. I sigh and grabbed a stool and placed it besides the bed before sitting on it. "Alright." Spear smiles at me. I smile back also.

When she fell asleep, Akame entered the room. "Ezio, are we gonna go hunt?" Akame asked. I look at her. "Just a few minutes," I answered. Akame nodded and closed the door.