Chapter 11: Secure and Protect

Mission: Secure and Protect
Location: Capital Outskirts

"Once again, it is an honour to have you four work with me again." Said Chouri respectfully.

"No, problem, sir. It is an honour to work with you again too, same with your daughter Spear. Isn't that right lads?" The other three nod.

Captain Jack Stone: Captain of Imperial Special Forces

Sergeant Samuel (Phantom) Anderson: Heaviest Hitters in the Imperial's Special Forces

Lieutenant Maxwell (Mad Dog) Monroe: Lieutenant of Imperial Army.

Private Connor Hedrick: Newbie of the group

Chouri looks out the window of the carriage, seeing poor citizens suffering in the cold snow.

"How terrible, this village as well... huh... A nation is said to be made up of its people, and yet it comes to this." The former Prime Minister sighs.

"These poor people. I think you are heading into a nest of vipers by returning to the Capital, Father" Spear commented.

"I can't just stay in retirement when there are people living like this. The country will be doomed. If it's like this, I have to fight that Minister to the bitter end!"

Spear smiles at him. The carriage stops, the four look behind them and saw three odd-looking figures.

"Bandits?" Chouri asks.

Jack looks out the window and sees the three. "They aren't bandits," Jack grits his teeth.

The four soldiers exit the carriage with Spear following behind them. They took their battle positions, as well as the other twenty-six guards behind them.

"Spear, stand back before I signal you to charge," Jack says, cocking his rifle.

"Go..."

The twenty-six other guards start charging at them with swords and shields. All of the guards were cut into pieces, raining blood around them.

The only ones left standing was Jack, Sam, Max, Connor, and...

They turn around to see Spear fall to the ground with a large cut on her stomach, it didn't look like the cut was too deep.

"Open fire!" They all raised their firearms at them, but all of their bullets were blocked by the enemies axe.

"Ok, Max and I are going for the guy on the right, Sam, I hope you can handle both the bearded man and small guy." Jack then turns to Connor. "You try to get Spear and Chouri somewhere safe." They all nod and do as he commanded.

Connor runs to Spear and tries to pick her up. "Don't worry, Miss, we'll get you and you're father out of- GAH!"

Spear then sees a blonde haired boy wearing small devil horns stab a knife through the young soldier's neck.

As Connor's body drops to the ground, the boy who killed him squats down to her level.

"Not bad, you're pretty skilled to have escaped a killing blow from Dandara's attack." The boy referred to the man with the axe, then shows her his blood-stained knife to her.

"But considering what I'm going to do to you, I'm pretty sure you'll wish you'd been cut in half."

Spear looks at him in horror, until a hooded figure kicks him in the head, knocking the boy out cold.

The hooded man picks her up then starts running.

"W-Why?" She couldn't say anything else.

"Once we get there, I'll patch you up and you'll be fine. I promise."

At Night Raids Headquarters (Ezio's POV)

"OW! What the hell!?" I shouted, rubbing the bump on my head.

"Why in gods name would you bring an outsider to our base!?" Najenda shouts, putting me into a choke hold.

"She is the former prime ministers' daughter, and she was-ACK!"

Najenda starts strangling me. "That's even worse!" Najenda shouted.

Bulat was just watching. "Well, he did blindfold her and plugged her ears." He said. "And Tatsumi is monitoring her closely. Since most of us who have a wanted poster have to conceal their identities from her."

"Can you let go of me now?" I asked.

Najenda growls at him. "No!"

Ezio' Room (Still Ezio's POV)

"I walked into my room where I took the girl. Tatsumi was watching her closely until he notices me enter the room, he stands up immediately. "Hey, Ezio." He waved at me. I wave back, walking to the side of the bed. "How is she doing?" I asked worriedly.

"Akame patched her up, and she's still asleep. At least she's still breathing." Tatsumi added. I sigh in relief.

"Good... I'll take care of things from here, go help Akame in the kitchen." He nods then leaves the room.

Capital Outskirts (Jacks POV)

"Did we lose 'em?" I asked Phantom. He gets up and looks around. He nods at me, I sigh then stood up from our hiding spot. I start to stretch my arms up in the air. I turn to look at Phantom. He looked depressed. But how could I tell? He's wearing a mask.

"I know we lost good men, but we gotta move on." I continued. "They were The Three Beasts... Esdeath's secret army... why would they attack us?" I asked. Phantom just shrugs at me.

"Maybe Najenda was right... we need to join the revolution."