Chapter 10: Kill The Generals

A/N: Don't forget to vote and share the story with friends.

"Esdeath... it's pleasure to see you again." The Prime Minister greeted to the light blue haired beauty. Esdeath smiles, the two were at the dock, waiting for someone.

"So who are we waiting for, Mr. Honest?" She questions him. He just gives her a sly grin.

"It's a surprise."

Half an hour later, a large cruise ship, sailed in front of them, a plank drops down, as a 6'6 ft tall man wearing black samurai armour walks down with two elite imperial soldiers walking by his side. Esdeath's eyes widen in shock, recognizing the figure. As the dark samurai walks I front of the two, Prime Minister Honest bows to him.

"It's great to see you again... General Jibaku." He greeted. He then stood up straight.

"Good to see you too." The General turns to see Esdeath.

"Esdeath..."

"Jibaku..."

The Prime Minister looked at the two staring at each other. He claps his hands in front of the two's gaze. "Well, we should go, we don't want to keep the Emperor waiting." The prime minister started walking.

"Of course." The two generals said in unison, following him.

Imperial Palace, Audience Room

"It's good to have you two back." The young emperor greeted, he sat on his throne, staring at the two generals kneeling to him.

"It's good to be back, your majesty." The two said in unison.

"General Esdeath... your conquest of the northern lands was superb! We are prepared to reward you with 10,000 pieces of gold for your efforts." The emperor turns to the dark general. "And General Jibaku... your conquest of both the western and southern lands was a difficult task, but you manage to somehow be victorious. We are prepared to reward you 20,000 gold pieces for your accomplishment."

"We are grateful, your majesty." They thanked in unison once again.

"Now I must apologize, I have realized you two have just returned. However, there is work to be done." The two generals looked up at the Emperor. "An atrocious group known as Night Raid has begun running rampant around the Capital. I wish for you two to focus on purging the group from my city."

"I understand." Esdeath continued. "I would ask one thing of you, your majesty." The Emperor tilts his head sideways in confusion.

"Soldiers is it? You may use as many as you wish."

"I have heard that the enemy possesses many teigu. It takes a teigu to fight a teigu, your majesty." She continued. "I would like a six-man group of teigu users to be assembled."

The Emperor drops a sweat from his forehead. "I will form a group of nothing, but teigu users that will maintain security in the Capital." He announced. "Is there anything else you desire?" He asked once more.

Esdeath starts rubbing her chin. "Well... there is one thing... if I may dare ask." They looked at her with confusion on their faces.

"What is it?..." the emperor asked.

"I was thinking, it would be nice to try being in love." She confessed.

Her request surprised the emperor and prime minister, especially General Jibaku. "W-well, what of the General Jibaku, he is a good man!" The emperor's suggestion surprised the dark shogun.

"I'm pretty sure he still mourns his deceased wife. So I don't think that is a good option. Unless he needs someone to comfort him." He gives the general a seductive stare, which caused the general to start coughing awkwardly.

"Do you not have a list of expectations you want to see in a man?" General Jibaku asks her. She nods, taking out a scroll.

"I actually do." She says, smiling at him.

"Ok! We'll get on that!" The Emperor turned to the black shogun. "Anything you would like, General Jibaku?" He asked.

"I only request to be with my daughter for a few weeks, until I go back into the service." He requested.

"Alright then! You two are dismissed!"

Somewhere in the palace

The two generals walked by each other. "So, how is your daughter, Haru?" Esdeath asked him. "Didn't I tell you to not call me that during work?" Esdeath just giggles.

"We're not on the battlefield, and no one else is around," Esdeath said.

General Jibaku sighs. "My daughter is still sick... but that machine Dr. Stylish created, is extending her lifespan."

"That's good." She smiles at him once more. They were still walking around the palace. "We should spar," Esdeath suggested.

Jibaku raises an eyebrow, "right now?" She nods. But the dark samurai shakes his head, refusing her offer. "We shouldn't spar in the palace. General Budo will get upset," Jibaku exclaimed.

Esdeath started laughing. "I remember when we tried training here, but Budo caught us and he was pissed!" She continued laughing.

Jibaku sighs, "You were in your teens back then. Budo and I were in our mid-twenties. I was childish back then." He said.

Esdeath pouts. "Yeah, you aren't fun anymore." Her pout turns into a grin. "I can't wait to meet Night Raid, I hope they are worthy opponents."

Jibaku stared at her. "Yeah... one of them interests me..." Esdeath gives him an odd look.

"Yeah... you think you can handle them, old man?" She asks jokingly.

"You sound like Najenda when you two first joined the elite forces."

Esdeath smile fades. "Yeah... can't wait to meet her again... and kill her!" She shouts in a sadistic tone.

Jibaku looks at the blue sky. "I wonder if my two little girls are still alive..."