Chapter 15: Kill the Offer

A/N: Don't forget to vote the chapter and comment to support the story.

"I never thought you would have the desire for love, Esdeath." General Jibaku said.

The two generals were walking together side-by-side. "I'd like to try it. We all don't live forever." She said. The two continued walking around the palace.

"So how will you find your 'ideal partner'?" Jibaku asked.

Esdeath grins slyly. "I'm gonna organize a tournament for skilled fighters, and to attract those fighters is by giving away a 10,000 gold reward and a teigu, also a spot on my team." She answered.

Jibaku looks at her with doubt. "Most of those contestants will most likely not meet your expectations on your list." He said honestly. Esdeath scoffs at him.

"And you were the one who taught me about hope." She giggles softly.

Later

After the tournament was over, Esdeath was dragging the victor: Tatsumi around the palace until she ran into General Jibaku who gave her a weird look after seeing a chain in her hand which was attached to a metal collar around the boy's neck.

"I thought you were gonna reward him, not enslave him." Jibaku sighs.

Esdeath smiles, "I'm not enslaving him. I'm just claiming him as my property." Esdeath said gleefully.

"That's slavery, Esdeath." Jibaku sighs.

Tatsumi stared at the Black Shogun with a terrified look as he mouthed "help me".

"Maybe you shouldn't treat the boy like an animal." Jibaku tried to convince. Esdeath just narrowed her eyes.

"Alright. I'm taking him to my room." She said before yanking the chain as she walked, forcing Tatsumi to follow.

At Night Raids Base

Akame was in the dining room, eating teriyaki. Leone and Lubbock ran in the dining room with an exhausted and terrified expression. Akame looks at them. "Mehlo," Akame mumbled through her full mouth.

"We have bad news." Lubbock huffed. Akame swallowed the food in her mouth, letting out a soft burp.

"What is it?" She asked curiously. Leone scratches the back of her head nervously.

"Well... funny story." Leone chuckles nervously.

Akame stares at Leone, Leone continued. "We entered Tatsumi into this tournament because the prize money was ten grand. When Tatsumi won a fight, Esdeath came and put a collar on him, and then dragged him out of the arena." Leone explained.

Akame's eyes widen, she stood up from her seat. "We must organize a rescue plan immediately." She commanded. Akame looks at the two, realizing Mine and Ezio weren't with them.

"Where's Ezio and Mine?" She asked. Leone and Lubbock shrugged.

"I dunno, probably still hunting." Lubbock guessed.

The Next Day At The Palace

Tatsumi finally had the chance to get away from Esdeath. He was sneaking around the palace looking for the exit. When he ran down the hall, he literally runs into General Jibaku, causing him to fall on his bottom. Tatsumi looked up at the menacing looking samurai.

"Tatsumi. Is it?" The general asked. Tatsumi nods nervously. Jibaku reached his hand out to Tatsumi to help him up. Tatsumi takes his hand as the general pulls him up.

"T-Thanks." Tatsumi croaked.

Jibaku turns around. "Come with me."

At the Palace's Garden

"You seemed to be frantic when Esdeath chained you. I apologize for that." General Jibaku said.

"It would be nicer if she said it herself," Tatsumi replied. They walked around the garden, the sunlight shined over the vegetation, and there was no one around.

"The reason why Esdeath organized the tournament was to find a romantic partner," Jibaku said. Tatsumi looked at him with a disturbed look. "I-I I think I already figured that out." Tatsumi then remembers being trapped in Esdeath's grasp last night.

"But why?" He asked.

The two stopped as the general turned to face him. "Esdeath wanted to try experiencing love. She wanted someone to fight by her side in battle." Jibaku explained.

"But isn't she the strongest?" Tatsumi asked.

"She is strong." He agreed. "When Esdeath was around your age, she and her friend joined the elite forces, learning how to fight in a battle. After leaving the forces when they were both given the rank: Captain. They were sent to join my squad." Jibaku explained. Tatsumi looked at him.

"Who was her friend?" He asked curiously. Jibaku sighed, staring at the clear blue sky.

"Her colleague was named Najenda, who was given the code name 'Dead Eye' in the elite forces."

Tatsumi's eyes widen. General Jibaku looks at him.

"You look like you know her." He says suspiciously. Tatsumi starts to panic.

"What!? No!? Of course not!?" Jibaku looks at him, unimpressed. The general crosses his arms.

"Your nervousness foiled your cover." As Tatsumi was about to say something. He stops himself and sighs in defeat.

"Fine... if you're gonna kill me, just make it quit." He said, waiting for Jibaku to strike at him. The general shakes his head.

"I'm not gonna kill you."

"You're gonna put me in the torture chamber?"

"I'm not."

Tatsumi looks at him in disbelief. "Nobody who works with the Empire shows mercy to their enemy." Tatsumi gritted his teeth. The general sighed at him.

"Just because you're the enemy, doesn't mean I have to kill you," Jibaku said. Tatsumi looks at him.

"So, what are you gonna do?" Tatsumi questioned.

"Join me." The General said. Tatsumi looked at him with anger in his eyes.

"I'm never joining you." As he was about to turn around and make a run for it, Jibaku stops him.

"Even if your friends' lives will be at stake?" Jibaku questioned.

Tatsumi turned around. "What do you mean?" He asked.

"I know where Night Raids base is."

"You're bluffing."

"It's the base that is merged with a mountain and is ten kilometres north of the Capital. Does that sound a bluff to you?" Tatsumi looked at him with shock.

"Why do you want me to join you?" Tatsumi asked angrily.

"Getting a loved member to join the Empire can get the entire group to join the Empire," Jibaku explains. "And I can show you your place in all of this." Jibaku reached his hand out to him again. "Join me, and I won't tell anyone of this information unless you force me to." He threatened. Tatsumi looked down at the general's black glove.

"Be my apprentice..."