Chapter 25: Kill the Destiny (Part II)

One Week Before the Assault

I look at the knocked-out girl who I captured as Lubbock stood beside me.

"I can't believe you kept a member of the Rakasha Demons alive." He said in disbelief.

"I think it's better that we get more information," I replied.

Lubbock gives me a weird and doubtful look. I raise my brow at him. "What?"

"I know you're a playboy and all, but she's the enemy and tried to kill us," Lubbock explained.

"Hold on. You think I captured the girl just to hook up?" I questioned. "Who the hell do you think I am?!"

"Ahem."

We both turn to see Mez who is already awake.

"You two gonna keep arguing or are you gonna let me out of these chains?" Said Mez.

I walk towards her and gave her a serious glare. "These Rakasha Demons. How many of you are there?" I interrogated.

Mez just smirks at me. "There were four... but the green guy killed one." She said, referring to Lubbock.

"And I assume Ibara is probably dead since he wanted to face off the red-eyed girl." Mez sighed.

"So it's just her and one more," Lubbock muttered to himself.

I look at Mez again, she was smiling at me. "What?" I asked her.

"I remember you now." She answered with a grin.

I raise a brow at her. "What are you talking about?" I questioned her.

"You worked with my father when he was alive." She answered.

Father? I try to remember who she was referring to. I start to remember. I look at her again. "Gozuki's daughter."

"Why do you know all these random people?" Lubbock asked me.

I ignore Lubbock. "You haven't aged," I said to Mez.

Mez smirks at me. "Am I still pretty?" She asked.

I glared at Mez as she laughs. "God, you became a cranky old man."

"I'm only 32," I muttered.

"So, are we gonna kill her?" Lubbock asked. "I doubt that the Empire would want her back alive after we kidnapped her."

"Nah. We'll let Najenda decide after we kill Borick," I answered.

Lubbock sighed and left the room. I was about to leave until Mez started speaking.

"Where were you?" Mez asked.

I look back at her. "What?"

"After father died and the Elite Seven died. You were gone." She said. "And I didn't see you in any of my encounters with the revolution; until now."

I sigh. "I went back to my homeland," I answered.

"Just one last thing." She said, stopping me from leaving again. "Do you know who killed my dad?"

I start getting a flashback from years ago of me stabbing my hidden blade into Gozuki's neck. The flashback ended as I look at Mez who had a desperate expression in her face. I might as well tell her. Her dad was pretty much evil, so is she.

"No. No, I don't." I answered in an emotionless tone.

She looked down at the ground with a look of disappointment mixed with sadness. I leave the room before she could say anything.