Chapter 22: Kill the Puppets

A/N: I hope you're all enjoying this so far. Just three more chapters left and I'll finish this season. Don't forget to vote, add to your reading list and follow me if you like Akame ga Creed!

Ezio's Perspective

This mission was to separate the members of the Jaegers and ambush them ... I don't think I can do it. Najenda carefully organized this plan and expects us to succeed it... but why do I feel like it's wrong?

"Because I'll be seeing her again," I said to myself. I was looking down at my comrades. They're just messing around in the water. I look beside me to see Akame; she is wearing a red swimsuit.

"How come you aren't joining them?" I asked her.

"I just don't feel like it." She answered.

I look at her, concerned. "It's about Kurome, right?" I asked. She doesn't reply.

"Hey, I feel ya." I put my hand on her shoulder. "Everything will be fine."

-Later-

The plan is pretty simple. Susanoo will be disguised as a scarecrow and when our targets come and see the scarecrow; we'll ambush them.

I was hiding in a bush as I waited. I see three people riding a horse towards the scarecrow. A young man with dark blue hair, a man wearing some sort of mask and a girl with black hair... Kurome.

I look to my right. Mine was with me and had her sights on Kurome.

"Mine, wait-" before I could stop her, she already pulled the trigger. I look to Kurome who dodged the bullet... I wasn't surprised.

"Dammit!" I get out of my hiding spot and jumped down towards the action. I saw Susanoo already bursting out of the scarecrow and launching the young man like it was nothing.

Akame, Najenda, Leone and Tatsumi came out as well. As they prepared their attack. A giant, skeleton of a dragon creature emerged from the ground.

I felt a chill down my spine but ignored it as I charged towards Kurome with Akame. Akame attempts to slash at Kurome until a mysterious, blonde haired man blocks it with some sort of spear. I think I recognize him, but I couldn't put my finger on it.

While Akame was occupied with the puppet; I charge at Kurome and slashed my blade at her. Kurome blocked my attack and looks at me with a warm but sadistic-looking smile.

"Ezio! It's been a while." She said cheerfully.

"It has... you haven't changed," I replied, swinging my sword at her. She blocked every swing I gave to her. I couldn't find any openings from her.

Before I could strike again; the blonde puppet picked her up and jumped away from me. I was gonna follow them until I saw the dragon creature blast some sort of energy at me. I immediately dodged it to avoid being burnt to a crisp.

I look at Susanoo. "Hey, Susanoo! You think you can kill that thing?!" I shouted at him. He looks at me and nodded.

"Yes, I can." He launched himself towards the beast.

I look around to see that everyone seems capable of taking care of themselves.

I should check on Mine. I thought to myself and ran towards where Mine was.

When I got to Mine's location; I saw her fighting a blonde girl who wore a brown hat, vest and red scarf. I instantly recognized the girl. It was Doya. She was one of the people I met when I first came here. She was an assassin for the northern tribe. We met at a bar and would occasionally drink together when we're both free.

What did Kurome do to you? I thought to myself.

Doya stopped shooting at Mine and turned around to see me. She had a confident smirk on her face as she aims her two guns at me.

"Mine. Go help Tatsumi!" I shouted before pulling out Prometheus and aimed it at Doya. Mine nodded and left to help Tatsumi.

Doya and I just stood where we are and aimed our guns at each other.

"Hey, Doya." I chuckle nervously at her. "It's me, E-"

Doya shot at me as I quickly dodged it. That bullet was going straight to my head. I shot at Doya as the bullet hits her chest. She flinched but didn't fall... this is giving me the creeps.

I kept shooting at her as she flinches from every bullet, but is still standing.

I pulled the trigger which only made a click sound. "Shit..."

She charges at me while shooting. I pulled my sword out of its sheath and blocked most of the bullets while a few landed on my legs and skid my cheeks.

She ran out of ammo. I used this chance to charge towards her and impale my blade through her chest and into a tree.

I grit my teeth and looked at her. Her eyes were dead but I can hear her breathing. She dropped her guns and looked at me. She still had that smirk on her face but I saw tears stream down her cheeks. I pulled my blade out of her as she slid down to the ground.

I gulped as I sheathed my blade. I kneeled down and looked at her. "I'll find a way to free you from... this..." I said and pulled out two knives. I used the knives to nail her hands to the tree. "But I can't promise to avenge you..."

Doya just looks at me.

"Don't look at me like that..." I sigh, "I can't kill her, but Akame might." I stood up and looked down at Doya. "I'll see you on the other side once I finish this."

I walk away from her, trying my very hardest to hold back tears.

I ran to where Akame was and she is fighting the masked men with the flame teigu. I also saw another man with him, holding some sort of shield.

I land beside Akame and looked at the two men. "Having trouble, red-eyes?" I asked. Akame nodded.

"I can't find any openings from him. The guy with the shield is an issue." She replied.

"Well then..." I unsheathed my sword and got into a stance, "I'll take care of the bald cazzo."

I look at Akame who gave me a confused look. I sigh at her, "I'll explain later if we survive this."

Akame shrugged as we charged at them. I attacked the shield man with by blade while Akame attacked the masked man.

My blade couldn't pierce the shield. I raised my hand in the air as metal blades hover above me and flew towards the man. Some pinned into the shield but didn't fully penetrate it. I charge at the man and slid under his shield before kicking it out of his grasp. I used this chance to pin him to the ground and created more blades that impaled him to the ground.

I chuckled to myself and looked back at Akame to see how she was doing. When I looked back, I saw an explosion that blasted towards me. I was blown away and felt my skin burnt. I was knocked to the ground and I groan in agony. I get up to see my clothes partially burnt.

"I just washed this..." I grunted as I hesitantly stood back up. I check to see if Akame was ok, and thank god, Leone shielded the blast for Akame.

I sighed in relief. Until I noticed the guy with the fire teigu was gone.