Chapter Twenty-seven

As I made my way out the door, I came face to face with my handsome boss, once again. Even though I had seen him in nothing but suits, I was still mesmerized.

Nothing like a man in a suit. Aaargh why am I having these thoughts again.

Marcus was dressed in a tailored black suit with matching tie to suit. His jacket hugging every ripple of muscle on his body.

"Ma lady" he bowed and with a sly grin, "When you're finished gawking, we should make our way to the ball".

The heat rose to my cheeks as Marcus caught me eyeing him off.

It was an uncomfortable silence as we made our way down the elevator and through the building. We were alone, in a large building and my mind was running with thoughts of having my way with Marcus.

I shuffled my feet, trying to brush away my inappropriate thoughts.

I was thankful that all workers had left for the night as the front entrance come into view. I didn't want to feed the gossip even more.

There, sat by the curb, was a black limousine and our chauffeur by the back door.

"Good evening Mr McNelly and Miss" he smiled genuinely, opening the back door.

"Good evening Bryan, this is Kylie"

Bryan nodded in understanding before closing the doors and making his way to the driver side.

As we made our way through the busy streets of Sydney, I started to grow anxious.

"Ky?"

I looked to my side and into Marcus's gaze. "Yes?"

"Is everything ok? You are awfully quiet?"

"Just a little nervous. I haven't been to one of these before and I'm about to meet your parents and friends. It's very daunting".

I felt his hands caress my cheek and lift my chin.

"Take no notice of my parents, their opinions don't matter, as for my friends they're pretty laid back. They won't judge you, if that's what you are worried about. Plus you will be the most beautiful woman there, they won't want to take their eyes off you"

"Thankyou Marcus" I gushed.

He really did have a way with words. If I wasn't seated at this very moment, I would be buckling at the knees. I braced the seat as the need to straddle Marcus were starting to sound more inviting.

I was thankful that we had finally arrived and I had managed to keep myself in control.

Marcus had left the car and opened my door, grabbing my hand. Chivalry is definitely still alive.

I held on for my life, arm in arm, as camera flashes blind our path down the red carpet. Papparazzi and spectators swamped the street, catching a glimpse of attendees.

I let out the breath I was holding when cameras were out of sight, as we began to make our way through the large double doors.

Our names were crossed off the list before we made our way through yet another set of doors.

Bright lights and the sound of chattering filled the room. Men and women dressed in their finest attire.

As we began to make our way through the crowd and to our respected seats, all eyes turned on us. People come from all directions and greeted Marcus.

I was surprised when he had introduced me to all of his company and tried to include me in all conversations.

Handsome and polite.