Chapter Twenty-nine

We had arrived back to the suite afterwards, neither one of us breaking the silence. Marcus had rushed back to the office to finish some work, and sent his simple farewell on the way out.

Things were definitely awkward.

I had a quick bite and made my way to bed, exhausted from the day's hike.

Sunday had made its appearance and I had awoken to a quiet house. I wasn't sure if Marcus had come home that night though he wasn't anywhere in sight.

I had made my way to the kitchen and was surprised to find a letter on the bench.

Ky, I'll be working late tonight. See you at work Monday - Marcus.

I was disappointed that we hadn't shared more than a couple of words between us since making out two days ago.

I busied myself, getting ready for work. We were bound to see each other today. I quickly applied makeup and dressed myself appropriately, excited to catch up wih Marcus.

I rushed down the elevator at 5 to 8 and made my way to his office. With a quick tap, I walked in with a smile.

"Miss Montgomery" he spoke, not acknowledging my appearance.

My smile faltered.

Yep, he was definitely dissappointed in me.

"Can you please take this pile of paperwork to your office and arrange them in accending order by date. When you are done, please see Marie, I'm sure she will have some work for you"

I grabbed the pile and with a nod of head, I made my way out of the office on the brink of tears.

I blinked back my tears and swallowed my pride. He wants to forget our encounter in the forestry,  I'll do just that. After all he is my boss and we definitely crossed a line.

I built my wall and busied myself with paperwork.

A couple hours had passed and I failed to forget our moment. I was upset before and now I was fustrated.

I stormed out of the office and straight towards Marcus's. I throw open the door and came face to face with him.

"How dare you ignore me after what we did!" I fumed.

Marcus looked up in surprise. "I knew this would happen -- virgins always are quick to attach".

My mouth hit the floor. "So what we did -- didn't mean a thing to you?"

"No Kylie, I am your boss. You are my employee. And what happened was a mistake". He spoke sternly. "Everyone knows I am a womanizer".

My heart broke into a million pieces as tears began to blur my vision.

I couldn't give him the satisfaction of seeing me crumble, I stormed out of the office and made my way to the suite.

Tears were a constant flow as I packed the little amount of things I had brought here.

Bag in hand, I made my way down the elevators and out of the building without a backwards glance.

I ran all the way home and was surprised to find my family back there. They questioned my appearance, though I pushed past and locked myself in my room.

I will never let another man in my life again. I give up on men, I give up on life.

I sobbed into my pillow for hours. My family would constantly try to check up on me, though I wouldn't reply nor open the door.

I didn't want to see anyone today. I just wanted to be alone and forget the world for a day.

I closed my eyes and forced myself into a slumber.