Chapter 10.5

Marcus POV

I had told Kylie that I was called into a meeting. It was a lie. In all honesty, I wasn't sure why I had to lie or even have time away from my office. Marie knew damn well that I didn't have a meeting this afternoon aswell, though I had known her long enough to trust in her to keep my secret.

I sat a floor up in the penthouse, with a scotch in my hand, trying to figure out what Kylie was doing to me. To this day, I hadn't felt the need to apologise to any woman, though here I am apologising to someone I had only known for a day.

The shock I seen on her face, made me feel ill to the stomach. I had already felt ill enough when Claire had jumped onto my lap and tried her way with me.

I'm not sure when that girl will ever give up. She has gone to the extent of trying to get my parents to persuade me into marrying her.

Over my dead body.

I had made the mistake of sleeping with her a few years ago and she had built an obsession since. I couldn't put a DVO out on her because I knew that she suffered a mental illness. So putting up with her random visits was the least I could do to try and help her recover.

I had no plans of ever sleeping with her again. Everytime she would visit, I would try and pursuade her into getting help. She had other plans though and they always consisted of trying to make me fall for her.

I had dismissed her quite angrily today and it will probably have backlash but she probably needs to be reminded every now and then that I am not interested.

Maybe that was why I was so intrigued with Kylie and decided she was fit for the job. I had never had a woman turn me down or atleast beg for my attention. She doesn't seem to care what I think of her.

I took a quick swig of scotch to mellow my thoughts. I can't seem to stop thinking about her since our encounter on Friday. Maybe I need to slow down on the drinking.

My friends had managed to drag me away from work and into town on the weekend and I've been thinking crazy since.. I definitely need to slow my personal life and get my head back into business.

I was brought away from my thoughts when my phone blared to life. I looked towards to caller I.D and wasn't surprised to see Mr Chambers from USA calling.

I answered the call. "Mr Chambers".

"Marcus -- I've considered your offer and would like to meet up and run over the agreement. Would you be available to catch a flight as soon as possible?" He questioned.

"I'll take the jet tonight and see you tomorrow. I'll have Maree arrange a time with you. Thanks Chambers". I spoke before ending the line.

This is probably what I need, a few days away from -- the office to get my head back into work.