Chapter Twenty-two

I hadn't spoke to Marcus since his departure Saturday afternoon. It drove me nuts not hearing from him all day Sunday.

I wonder if things will be awkward now. I thought while busying myself with preparation.

Sunday morning I had run into the stores and spent some of my pay purchasing office wear. So I would have a fresh appearance for the new week, or the possibility I just wanted to impress a certain CEO.

I had set my alarm and woke up earlier than normal, ready to curl my hair, apply makeup and dress myself in my new attire. I was excited to see what today brings.

By 7:30 I was happy with my appearance, grabbed my bag and retrieved my phone off charge. Still no messages or calls this morning. I shrugged. Perhaps he was inundated with work, as Marie would put it.

I gave my farewells and left for work. The traffic was pretty steady today, which made my walk alot easier.

Before I knew it, I was standing infront of McNelly Enterprises and my phone was brought to life. I opened my phone and froze.

You look stunning today, my girlfriend. Enjoy your day at work. I'll catch up with you afterwards. - Jacob.

My heart was beating erratically. I looked around, trying to spot him. It was no use as the streets were packed full of workers making their way to work.

I rushed into the building, trying to stay out of sight. I scanned the area as I awaited the elevator, tears brimming my eyes.

I had arrived on floor 19 and rushed through the doors. With a backward glance, I came barreling into a brick wall, an arm snaking around my waist to steady myself.

A familiar scent of cologne wrapped around my body, as a sense of protection. I wrapped my arms around the individual, oblivious to who it was and silently wept.

My eyes began to grow weak, as black dots started to blur my vision. An arm was wrapped around the back of my knees and I was carried bridal style before completely blacking out.

I opened my eyes and came into view with a pair of worried, green eyes.

"Marcus" I whispered.

"Yes, I'm here Ky" he answered. "What happened?"

I was done lying to everyone. After today, I may not see another person again. Jacob's promises never go astray.

With a deep breathe, I explained everything to Marcus. From when I thought I was in love, to Jacob's unhealthy obsession, his promise to have me back and the dreaded text message I had just received. My shoulders slouched in relief. Although I was a blabbering mess, it was good to finally get it off my chest.

"I will kill him!" Marcus fumed.

I hadn't expected that sort of reaction. I didn't think he would care, I had only known him for a couple of weeks. Though I couldn't involve him, it was my mess to sort out.

"It's ok Marcus, he will be here disarvy to pick me up. I will talk to him and sort this mess out".

"Like hell! I will get to the bottom of this. He is a psychopath Ky and I won't let any harm come your way". His face calmed whilst caressing my cheek. "You were after an apartment, stay in this penthouse suite, the floor above us, while we sort this out. I am rarely here, you can have your space".

I nodded in agreement, knowing Marcus wouldn't budge.

"I need a full name, address and any useful information on Jacob" he spoke with authority. "Make your way up to the suite and take the rest of the day off, I'll finish a few things off and I'll see you shortly".

"Was this the reason you were upset on your first day Ky? Or was it something I did?".

"He had sent me a message that day, referring to my family". I paused. "I'm positive he will get back at me through them.. if he can't have me".

"I will call your parents and let them know. Take a rest, I'll be up to see you shortly" he spoke before leaving me in his office.

I took a moment to pull myself together and I began to make my way to the office door when it swung open before me.

In walked the blonde bimbo, Claire, fury lacing her features. She slammed the door behind her and approached me.

Here we go.

"Why have you been sleeping with my boyfriend?" She screamed.

I was lost for words. How did she come to that conclusion?

"Are you deaf or stupid?" She screamed again when I didn't answer.

I was fed up with today, no more nice Kylie.

"Listen here Claire" I spoke with venom. "I'll have you know that I am most definite not deaf, stupid or sleeping with anyone. Now if you don't mind, I'm finished for the day and I'd like to get some rest".

Claire was boiling with anger. "You have no idea who I am. I will RUIN you!!" She screamed before storming off.

Wow, what a start to the week. Two psychopaths out to get me!