Chapter Eight

Monday morning had come around. The weekend was exactly what I needed, catchups with my best friend, family time and forgiveness.

Things were starting to look up, I received a call from my bestie telling me she had organised an interview with her boss and I had 3 hours to prepare.

So here I am, doing research on a company I knew nothing about. McNelly Enterprises is a multi-million dollar business, top of the chains. In charge of a large proportion of hotels throughout the world. Marcus James McNelly had just taken over CEO position of the company 3 years ago when his father retired and decided to expand the business in a new building, here in Sydney.

Google had brought up alot of articles in regards to his 'player ways'. I had no interest at all, so I didn't bother looking into his personal life.

Time had passed by and I needed all the time I could to make myself look acceptable. From what I had seen, women were most likely hired for their looks. Although I think my brains are alot better than my looks, I'd like the make a good first impression.

I began curling my hair, applying minimal make up and borrowed a sophisticated outfit from my mother.

Please, please be good to me Marcus McNelly!

I had half an hour left before my interview was due. Sarah stressed that I am there on time, Mr McNelly is a very important person that does not accept tardiness. So with a wave of my hand, and best wishes from my parents, I walked out the door and made my way to the building, which thankfully, was only a 10 minute walk.

Better extra early than late.

I was still in awe of the massive building infront of me. I took small steps towards the tower and came to a stop infront of a security guard.

The company definitely hire people by their looks. This man was a giant, 6-7 foot of raw muscle and a rock face to match. I wouldn't want to get on his bad side.

"Madame, can I help you?" He questioned, eyeing me down suspiciously.

"I, uh, have an interview with Mr McNelly at 2pm". I spoke, fidgeting with the hem of my skirt.

I had sworn I seen concern etched on his face, before he quickly referred me to the front desk.

"The girls will take you from here. Goodluck Miss --".

"Montgomery -- Kylie Montgomery" I finished, introducing myself with an awkward hand shake.

I gave my thanks and proceeded to the front counter where they pointed me to the elevator with specific instructions to get off on floor 19, second floor from the top.

I nervously made my way up the floors, many employees walking in and out. The doors flew open on floor 19 and I was greeted by an older lady, around her fifties.

"You must be Kylie, I am pleased to meet you. My name is Marie." She spoke with a genuine smile. "If you would like to take a seat, I will walk you through at 2 o'clock." She gestured to the seats infront of her.

I thanked her and made my way to the waiting area. Plush white seats lined a white room, almost giving off a hospital vibe. Everything was immaculate, not a fleckle of dust in sight.

I was suddenly conscious of my outfit, contemplating whether to leave and just forget the interview. I won't fit in here.

Sweat began to form as the minutes passed by.

I stood up and collected my stuff, when the nerves got the best of me.

I can't do this.

Marie looked up from her desk, questioning my movement before a deep voice interrupted the silence. "Send her through".

I looked at the time and was surprised it was exactly 2 o'clock. Too late to back out now.

"Mr McNelly is ready to see you now". She spoke, beckoning me to follow.

As if sensing my nervousness, she added, "Don't feel intimidated dear, I'm sure he will like you -- you aren't like the others".

Im not sure what she meant by that, though it didn't kill any of the nerves. I stood in front of a large wooden door where Marie had decided to leave me. I raised my hand to knock when a deep voice stopped me.

"Come in, I don't have all day!" He groaned. I opened the door and was greeted by the back of Mr McNelly's head. "Name?" He spoke once again.

"My, m-y name is Kylie. Kylie Montgomery". I stuttered, kicking myself for sounding like a weasel.

"Great, you managed to give me an audible answer," he scoffed. "Now if you are planning on staying for this interview, I suggest you take a seat or else stay on your feet and walk straight out of this office".

Does he have eyes on the back of his head?

I bit my tongue to stop my snide remark. Arrogant pig.

Settle Ky, you need this job.

I dropped my belongings near my feet and sat down on the large arm chair placed in front of the desk.

"Good, now will you tell me why I should hire you?" He questioned. "Your resume shows me no qualifications nor experience in this line of work. Heck you haven't even studied since secondary school".

I was taken aback by his bluntness though answered him trufully. "I aced all my grades in secondary school. Unfortunetly I haven't had the chance to do a University degree since finishing school though I can guarantee I will do a better job than your previous PA's with their experience and qualifications".

My confidence may have shocked marcus, as he begun to swivel on his chair to face me. My jaw dropped when I relised who he was. Why hadn't I looked at images during my research.

Well this is awkward.

Those stunning green eyes that filled my dreams were staring back at me questionly. I almost seen a look of shock before he quickly covered it up with a smirk.

Had he remembered I flipped him off twice on the weekend? This couldn't be happening.

"Well, well, Miss Montgomery," he smirked once again. Dear god, this man will be the death of me. "We already exchanged pleasantries during our encounter on Friday night" he added.

I felt my face burn up in embarrassment as I looked at the grin plastered on his face. "Sorry about that" I caught myself saying.

Why the hell am I apologizing.

"All due respect though, I'm sure I deserve an apology in regards to your rudeness Friday night and the present" I quickly mumbled.

A smile stretched across his face as he called Marie through the intercom, "Please show Miss Montgomery out".

Oh no, that probably wasn't the best thing to say in an interview.

My shoulders sagged in defeat.

"Miss Montgomery, you start at 8am tomorrow morning in my office, not a minute late. If you are as good as you say you are, I may just apologise," he spoke cockily.

As if forgetting his rudeness, a large smile crept onto my face as I bounced up from my chair and engulfed him in a hug.

"Thankyou, thankyou, I won't let you down", I quickly promised before walking out of his office.