Chapter Four

It was 5:00pm by the time I had reached home and the sun was beginning to set.

It was no surprise that my parents were waiting by the door for my arrival. To say they were furious would be an understatement.

Instead of a polite hello, I was greated by a grunt and alot of gibberish that my mind could not decipher. Something along the lines of "Where have you been, we were worried sick."

I was exhausted, I had been out all day in search for a job with no luck, only the possibility of an interview.

With a sigh, I settled with a simple apology "sorry", which was all I could muster.

They looked extremely red, about to burst with rage before the door bell rang. Who could that be? I started to worry.

Before I could step away, dad had swung the door open and was greeted by my dear best friend, Sarah. Remind me to thank her a million!

"HI MR AND MRS MONTGOMERY!" she spoke cheerfully.

My parents instantly relaxed and settled with a big smile on their faces. They always loved Sarah, she wasn't just good at making the boys kneel down before her, she had a way with parents as well.

"It's so good to see you again dear, it's been a long time," my mum swooned.

Dear lord, I seriously owe her my life right now.

"Sorry, I've been quite the busy girl -- I popped in because I caught up with Sarah on my lunch break today, unfortunetly I didn't get a chance to stay long and I was wondering if I could take her out to dinner tonight?" She spoke angelicly.

I knew my parents were having an internal debate before my father agreed. "I'm sure that will be fine, as long as she is back home by 10pm".

To be honest, who could disagree with her.

"Since it's a Friday and the meal wait will probably be extremely long, we are going to be out for a few hours, would it be okay if Ky stays at mine?" Sarah questioned.

She's really pushing her limits now.

I was extremely tired, though if this means my ticket out of my lecture I'll take anything.

I was surprised when both my parents were supportive of her idea and agreed that would be best.

Sarah squealed in joy. "Thankyou, thankyou both. I'll be sure to have her home safely tomorrow".

With a jerk of my arm, she dragged me up the stairs and into my bedroom. I collapsed onto the bed whilst she busied herself in my old wardobe.

"You haven't got a decent outfit anywhere in sight. How ancient are these?" she breathed out in frustration.

"Ill have you know that although you seem to think my appearance has changed, I still haven't changed my wardrobe habi..." before i could finish my sentence, Sarah yanked me off the bed with determination. 

"No need to worry Ky, I have the perfect outfit at home for you. Come quick, we need to go." She rushed out excitedly.

I don't know the big hassle of getting fancy for dinner but I went along with it anyway.

With a quick goodbye, we made our way onto the street before hopping into Sarah's Mecedes.

"How on earth did you afford something like this?" I gestured to the car in awe.

"That's one thing you have to look forward to, if I land this interview for you. The pay check is exceptional". She beemed before stepping on the gas.

How I left this simple life was beyond me. I looked to my side and glanced at my best friend who was happily bopping her head to the music blasting through the speakers. So carefree. What I would do to be in her position right now. I took a deep breath, holding the tears at bay, afraid that my mood would bring her down a few notches.