Chapter Nineteen

I was getting used to waking up at my best friends house. My best friend very much spoils me.. the smell of cooked waffles smothered my senses as the sun shined through the curtains. She always manages to feed me well before dropping me off to my house.

Our weekly ritual was very much similar to the previous week. We talked about our lives, mostly mine, binged on snacks and kicked back on the couch til early hours watching movies. I cherish our nights together and the crazy conversations we have. I was so used to Sarah prying into my life that it had completely passed my mind to scope out hers.

I tried to divert our conversation from my love life to hers and was surprised to see Sar blushing. With a bit of probing, she had confessed to dating a guy from work for the last 6 months.

I'll be sure to suss him out on Monday and give the 'bestfriend approval'..

A smile reached my face, as I was reminded of how much love she had in her eyes when talking about her partner, Josh.

I was happy for my best friend. Happy she found a man that treated her the way she deserves.

What I would do to find true love like that.. I pondered whilst sipping on my coffee.

"You seem to be off in la la land alot lately Ky.. What's your plans for today?" My mother questioned, bringing me out of my thoughts.

Before answering, I was reminded that I hadn't told my parents about my plan to move out and into my own space, so a simple answer like 'apartment hunting' wouldn't go down well.

I took a quick scull off my coffee, wetting my mouth before breaking the news.

"About that -- I was waiting for my pay, waiting to see if my relationship with the boss and job status were stable before telling you " I took a big breath before quickly mumbling "and since all are well, I was hoping to start looking for my own space today".

I didnt look up into my parents eyes, afraid that I would see disappointment. I had definitely ruined the good mood. The room had grown to a deadly silence.

I was surprised when mother spoke "that was a bit of a shock, though dear don't feel bad. We understand you need your space and it was a backwards step moving back home".

I looked towards my father for confirmation. He nodded his head in approval.

My jaw dropped to the floor. That was the last reaction I expected. I circled the table and hugged my mother and father. "Thankyou, thankyou both for understanding. I'll make sure my place is close by and I will keep in touch".

And keep you out of harms way.

I cleaned up and made my way to the door when a voice held me back. "Can I come along and help search?" Melody questioned.

How could I say no to a voice like that. "Ofcourse, we will make a day out of it". I smiled, happy to do some quality bonding.

So here I am,  finally managing to escape home, Melody in tow.

"Where are we going first Ky"

"I need to stop at a couple of real estates to see what vacancys they have at the moment and then we can have some fun. How does that sound?"

Melody nodded her head in approval as we made our way into town.

I turned back every couple of minutes to make sure that Jacob wasn't around watching my every move.

I refused to reply to his message and now it has me on edge as I know how much he hated ignorance.