Chapter Twenty-five

Marcus's POV

I shouldn't have taken my anger out on Kylie. My parents had called this morning, hassling me again to attend their yearly fundraiser. Ofcourse it was for a good cause for the homeless, though I couldnt bring myself to act like a happy family infront of paparazzi and public eye.

My parents only thought of their reputation and their business. I was a disappointment when it came to womanizing though I was damn good at my job, which was neither good enough in their eyes.

I will apologise to Kylie, she damn well deserves it.

I walked out of my office and seen Marie was looking down at a smiling Kylie.

How could she possibly be in a good mood after the events of this morning?

That's when i noticed large arrangements of flowers. I was furious that another man had brought a smile to her face.

Without thinking, I scolded, "Kylie, are you even trying to get your work done?"

She looked up into my furious eyes and stuttered a reply, "Ye-yes sir, I have just received these flowers and was trying to figure out who sent them. I-ill put them aside until my lunch break".

I was too in thought of my parents, that I had completely forgotten what I had demanded of her. "you haven't had your lunch break yet?"

"Nn-no sir, I've been trying to finish my work"

"Don't be ridiculous, go on your break now, I'll see you in an hour".

I watched Kylie retreat to the elevators.  I came out to apologise and have yet again upset her.

I looked towards Marie who had given me a disappointing glare and began to pace towards me.

"Why are you treating the poor girl this way Marcus?" She scolded. "Do not take your anger out on her. She is a fine lady and I know damn well you agree too".

Damn, I've really screwed up again.

Without answering to Marie, knowing well she could sense the guilt, I grabbed the card attached to the flowers and made my way back to my office,

I will find out who sent these flowers and send a personal message of my own.

I tapped my fingers aggressively as I dialed the company number on the back of the card.

"Voluptuous Flowers -- this is Megan"

"Megan, Mr McNelly here. My employee has just received a delivery and I'd like to know who from".

"Yes, I'm looking at the details here, though I'm sorry sir, I cant give out that information"

Anger started to boil, no one turns down an offer to help me.

"Megan, do you understand who you are talking to?"

The line went quite as i assume Megan was trying to think of an acceptable answer.

"II-m so-rry sir, its against company policy" she stuttered over the line.

Great, I'll have her cracking in no time.

"I mean no harm Megan, my employee has been receiving threats from a stalker. It's my responsibility to keep my employees safe"

The line went silent before Megan spoke once again. "We weren't left with a name, though I can check to see if their's a name on the payment details"

"Yes that would be lovely Megan"

Now we're getting somewhere.

"I have a name -- Jacob Myers."

THAT BASTARD!

I thanked Megan, hung up the phone and made my way back to Kylie's desk.

I grabbed the flowers and threw them across the room, just as the door swung open and a horrified Kylie stood still, watching everything unfold before her.

"Wh-what are you doing Marcus"

"--Jacob" I drawled out.

I watched as Kylie's eyes almost popped out of their sockets. "Did -- did he send them?"

"Yes i was notified from the local florist that they were indeed from your psychotic ex".

I watched as her shoulders slouched over and tears began to blur her vision.

"Ky" I whispered out, closing the space between us.

Her snifles became louder as her body started to tremble.

I wrapped my arms around her waist and brought her in close. "Im sorry Ky. I'm sorry you are going through this and I'm sorry I've been adding to the stress" I cooed.

Kylie didn't say a word as she tightened the hold on my shoulders. I picked her up bridal style and brought her into my office.

"Ky, look at me" I whispered, lifting her chin.

Bloodshot eyes stare back at me and she still looked beautiful.

"I'm sorry about this morning Ky, I was dealing with a few personal things and took it out on you. Sorry about before when I humiliated you infront of Marie, I lost it when I seen flowers from another man". I paused looking for a reaction.

Kylie stared back questionly.

"I'm sorry Ky, come to a ball with me tomorrow night and I promise I will make it up to you?"

I was surprised when she nodded in agreement.

"Take the rest of the day off Ky and tomorrow. Ill organise arrangements for the ball -- I'll be up shortly"

"I can't keep taking time off when things get tough, Marcus. The whole building seems to think we have something going on" she scolded.

"I am your boss and you have worked hard enough for today. Forget what rumours are going around. They aren't worth the worry" I spoke, ushering her out of the office and towards the elevator.

"Thankyou Marcus, thanks for everything" she whispered as the doors began to close.