Chapter Twenty

My phone buzzed alive during our journey to town, I unlocked my screen to find a message from Marcus. A smile crept on my face as I read through the simple message.

If you are free anytime soon, it would be nice to catch up? - your amazing boss.

Very cocky! I quickly typed a reply before making my way into the first real estate.

I am actually hunting for an apartment atm, little sister in tow - your best employee.

I scimmed through available rental properties without any luck. Everything was either well above my price or too far out of the city.

I felt deflated, instead of ruining the mood I asked my sister what she would like to do instead. The hunt can wait for another time.

"Can we go to the cinemas, they have a whole heap of good, new release movies?" She answered excitedly.

I retrieved my phone to check the time before opening a text message just received.

Can I join you both? - your bored boss.

We made our way to the closest cinema, checked the showing times and agreed on the movie 'Trolls'. The movie was due to start in 20 minutes.

"Do you mind if a friend joins us for the movie. I'm not sure he will be too keen on Trolls though he wants to hang so I might ask, if it's fine by you?"

"A man?" she giggled. "Ofcourse it's ok for your boy---friend to join us"

I forgot I was in presence of a 16 year old. I sighed.

I quickly typed a message and sent it off.

If you enjoy kids movies, our movie starts in 18 minutes. Meet us at Plaza 4 Cinemas on Boyark Street - your ecstatic, Trolls fanatic, employee :-/

We made our way to the long line for refreshments. Popcorn, chocolates, lollies and soda hadn't been more appealing. I'll grab a few extras for Marcus incase he decides to rock up.

"Pick what ya like Melly -- my shout". Her eyes almost popped out of their sockets when we made it to the counter.

The line had receded, our arms were full of junk food with only 5 minutes due til commencement, Marcus nowhere in sight.

We were just about to enter the cinema when an arm snaked around my waist. I jumped in fright, almost dropping the load of goodies in my hands. I steadied myself and turned to see the culprit. I came face to face with my handsome boss, suit jacket hanging off his forearm, tie loosened and a smirk to top it off.

"Close your mouth before the flys get caught", he spoke cockily.

Oh no! I didn't just get caught gawking! And why on earth was I checking him out??

Growing red and ignoring his cockiness, I directed my attention to my sister. "Melody this is Marcus, my boss, Marcus this is Melody" I gestured between the both.

"I like him already" my sister spoke.

A smile stretched across his face when hearing my sister's comment.

"Why, thankyou my dear" he winked playfully.

I can see now why he was soo good with the women. A genuine smile would have anyone buckling at the knees.

We made our way into the cinema, choose an aisle and plopped myself down on the leather seat between the both.

"Hey Ky" he whispered "this is normally what a male and female do on a first date".

Was this his way of flirting? Surely not. 'The Marcus McNelly' wouldn't be interested in a girl like me.

I'm glad the room had darkened and he wasn't able to see my cheeks redden. "Definitely not a date Mr McNelly?"

During the movie, i spent alot of time either fidgeting or scoffing down junk to kill the nerves. It was different spending time together away from work and no more than a fly's d*ck apart. I was thankful Melody choose an up-beat animation movie rather than a soppy romance.

Every now and then, our hands would collide in the popcorn box. I could feel his stare beside me and I was too nervous to return the gesture.

All in all, the movie was awesome, Melody enjoyed herself and by the expression on Marcus' s face, he enjoyed it too.

Since we had made it to town by foot this morning and the sun was now at it's peak, Marcus had offered to give us a lift home. Melody had quickly jumped on the offer and followed him out.

Well I don't have a choice now. I thought as I took hurried steps to catch up.

I was in awe of his ride. A Rolls-Royce Phantom, all the luxury components, bespoke interior, two-tone paint. You wouldn't expect someone with his wealth driving anything inferior. My dad would kill to drive this.

Once again, my sister had betrayed me by sitting in the back seat. I had no choice but to accompany the man that made me feel all sorts of feelings.

Strike II baby sis.

The motor roared to life and within a short distance, we had pulled up into our driveway.

Melody had quickly exchanged pleasantries with my boss before rushing off and into the house, leaving us in an awkward silence.

STRIKE III! You are in trouble sis!

"By the way, how was work this week? Is what I should have probably asked some time ago" he giggled, facing my direction.

The car felt small, extremely small when his full attention was on me.

"Y-yeah it was good. N-no dramas. Marie is an awesome teacher" I stuttered out, fidgeting under his stare.

"Their's my nervous girl, I thought I had lost her for a bit today" he smirked.

Omg I am the biggest loser right now. Why am I even stuttering? And what does he mean by 'MY nervous girl'? He sure had a way with words.

"Thanks for joining us today, we had a lovely time. You sure know how to impress the ladies, I think my 16 year old sister may be in love with you" I giggled, smacking his arm.

"If I impressed you, then it was all worth it" he smirked, taking all playfulness away.

Here we go again, I'll be sure to wear alot of makeup next time, in preparation for the blushing.

"You are cute when you blush". He acknowledged whilst placing his hand on mine.

Silence engulfed us once again, neither one of us breaking apart, It wasn't an awkward silence this time round, it was perfect.

I looked into his eyes, large green orbs I've grown to love, stare straight through me and into my soul.

Sparks were running through my body as he began to trace small circles on my hand. We were lost in each other, time had stopped around us.

This is exactly what you picture in a romance novel. This was all new to me and I didn't want it to end.

We were disrupted by a sudden knock on the window. I could swear I seen Marcus jump before directing his attention to the culprit.