Chapter 5

EXCEPTIONAL CRUSADES 

Today was a lock down, since there were definite terrorists rummaging for goods. It was more of a deliberate entertainment, for the students to be precise. Sleeping bags were plastered to the ground, while students on desks smiled and laughed, ignoring the organisms around them. Commotion and tons of ruckus filled the room, excitement filling their voices; especially because the staffs withdrawn.

                Basically, groups were classified from grade levels. It would be utterly impossible to look after Amelia, especially because she was fourteen. All the seniors were clustered together in the hallways and filled classrooms. Frankly, I didn't have many friends since much of these people carry obnoxious disorders. Chairs were used, but adopted on its opposing ways, letting loose arms compress over the frames.

                Others admired the precious work on the room we were required to stay in. Unfortunately, I had to be isolated from the some of the other upperclassmen, since it was too big of a population. I sat near a wicker table and took a slight sip of a fluid called 'soda'. The acid taste affected my throat, causing me to feel as if I were about to burp through my nose. A tap left on my right shoulder whereas a tall figure glanced down at me.

                "Miss Evergreen."

                The stranger gestured me to follow him as I debated whether or not to follow the stranger. He wore a tight, luxury tuxedo and wore dark sunglasses enough for it to be impossible to gaze at the male’s eyes.  A device hung on his ear while a snaked wire went down his spine. The man began leaving so I settled my soda onto the wicker table while some of the fluid splashed out of the glass. To keep my pace, I began taking long strides; wondering why I was desperate to follow the suspenseful man.

                In a few minutes, he led me to a room filled with velvet couches, a dozen of chandeliers and a few cocktail drinks that sat on luxury coffee tables. The male later called his order out to someone I didn't catch my view to. He later began to amble down to the entrance as he began to abandon me. A tiny part of me wanted him to stay for a sort of reason.  As I finally removed the sturdy wall that blocked my view, that came to prospect. My whole system began to anger through hatred. It was probably the bargain.

                But as I drew closer, another man came to view; not Auden as I expected. "Hello, I'm Adolf Brown. You must be Jane."

                Before I could say anything he or Adolf continued, "Don't worry I'm friendly. I won't be an insufferable prick like Auden."

                Before I became his parrot, a boom was heard at the entrance. The French doors slammed loudly as I almost jumped; becoming startled. The rueful bystander looked at Adolf angrily rather than I. You could see his fists clenched and a delivery of smoke strolling quickly out his ears. Glancing right at Adolf, he calmly took a sip of his cocktail drink while Auden began to throw a punch right at his face; leaving his drink to splatter on the floor and the glass shattering. So much for the entrance. I drew out a huff as Auden began to drag me outside by my forearm.

                "Excuse me?" I hissed.

                Frankly, I wasn't really in the mood to listen to the guy Adolf, but the way his sour mood flipped my expression down to negative automatically leading me to think of Amelia and how she was stuck in that department that we were trapped in. Nevertheless, she was fourteen but didn't have the guts to take an arrow to the knee. But back in reality, it wasn't just that that which was suddenly unpleasant by the second. Why did he just have to barge in?

                My eyes flashed on him. "Why are you mad at him?"

                "Is that any of your concern?" He let go of my forearm and his mood flipped over by the second.

                Auden began to amble towards the shortcut to an unfamiliar forest whereas a contiguous and broken fence stood out. My guess was to follow him because of that precious deal that I accepted. As I began to take long strides, I began to catch up with him as he drew a familiar bow and walked to another dented tree and snaked out a familiar sack filled with arrows. That couldn't just be a coincidence.

                "Did you-"

                He turned, exposing his pure red lips. "Why do you always frown?"

                A side of me wanted to show that I didn't always frown, but that would show that I was merry. I wanted to be solemn. Snatching the bow and an arrow from him, I began jogging through the woods as Auden followed behind me. I began the feeling as if I were Esther. Speaking of Esther, my eyes shut closed as I couldn't wait for her lecture. Part of me just wanted to kill Auden but that couldn't just describe how I hated him.

                "Let's start from the basics."

                Before he could say anything furthermore, I snatched his muscular arm and forced an arrow in his hands; placing an arrow right before the string. We were in the familiar position as Esther aggressively taught me. My eyes flickered on one of the most exposed animals I've ever seen. Kicking a rock from my soles, I managed to catch it throwing it at one of the trees that were near it. The nocturnal animal ran between two weeds being featured even more. I smirked.

                "Okay, do you see that raccoon?"

                Auden nodded as his fingers fiddled with the string that I was holding as for a precaution. "To plunge the eye, you must close an eye and please focus on where the arrow is pointed."

                As I let go, not believing that I wouldn't miss which was extremely risky, the arrow caught into the animal. Auden turned, surprised at my remark.

                He drew out awe. "That was a twenty yard radius."