Chapter 6

(A/N: This is a chapter that shows what really happened between the relationship with Jane and her mother.)

IMMOBILIZED IN CLOUD 9

It was already passed seven as I grew tired and anonymous throughout the familiar woods. My eyes immediately flickered on the stump that Esther used to wait for me at; where she would stand up and threaten to come late one more time. I glanced at my watch which was five minutes passed seven. We never went home until nine whereas Amelia would refuse dinner.

                The cold wind blew right passed my hair, causing me to have tears admonish my eyes as I imagined the heavy breeze to be discipline. I forced myself not to cry and fixed my tousled bun. Heaving a deep exhale, I sat on the rock where Esther sat. The rugged surface met my bottom when my hands met the asperous texture of its bark. As a teardrop forced itself out, I realized how much I thought that Esther was gone but it was incredible.

                "Jane." And that proved it otherwise.

                My head poked into the heavy wind as I glanced at Esther; smiling. I wiped all my tears and suck in all my snot to prevent her from thinking I was being weak. Esther and I made pacts, but there was only one that poked in my mind. One that I last called her mommy or mother. The last time I met her real life substance; the last time I met her heat. And it was the final time when I actually felt safe. It was when I was seventeen.

                "Mommy, mommy!" Amelia called.

                I felt my footprints dig into the dirt's surface as I ran towards Amelia; preventing her from getting killed from the fire. As we drew closer to the fire, I felt the heat and the power stinging us with its effect. When I approached the Amelia, I captured her arms and tears, preventing her from running anymore. The tears streaming down her face caused me to put her in a safe place; finding mother solo.

                My eyes flickered on an organism who was on the ground with patches of burns and scratches.

                "Mother.."

                She forced a smile and took a long glance at me. "Jane. I won't be gone for long, but be here for a moment."

                Tears formed in my eyes as I let them fall out, managing to touch her bruised arm gently. I tried giving her reassurance, but that wasn't enough.

                "That Auden.. is one cruel man," she said, "just remember to never trust the man."

                Before I could do or say anything she continued, "Promise?"

                My eyes dried out as I managed to catch up with Esther, back faced that was the only contact that I could see. I saw her blonde hair sway with the wind, while I seeped through my cruel, jacked up mind. My eyes landed on her left hand whereas she was holding a dagger. She was waiting for a animal to complete for a surrounding. It was almost incredible to-

                I smiled and blinked back my tears, holding out my pinky. "I promise."

                Our pinkies intertwined, while a tear of mines landed on her hand. As she closed her eyes, all I could do was smile and give her reassurance. But in my mind, I was immobilized in cloud 9.

                Esther fell to the ground, and managed to pick up her pace.

                "Are you okay?" She nodded.

                It was another impossible thing that I've ever seen her do; fall. She never fell, especially in front of me. The way she managed to pick up her pace.

                As her eyes shut closed, she endured. "Just remember to the woods by sundown. A-and remember not to-"

                I finished the words for her as she withered. "And remember not to get caught by the keeper." I whispered.

                 She was an imposter. I thought mother was powerful. She died. My own mother died in front of my eyes. I heard screaming and hollering over the other side, while the fire began to rise and all I could do is lock my tears on mother. Amelia came into the fire's surrounding, but the only way to save her life was to abandon my own mother's body.

                "..Goodbye." I whispered.

                "Jane go home." Esther mumbled.

                 I turned around and muttered, "Easier done than said."