Chapter 9

FAINT AMBITION

"Goodbye." Sia replied.

                I climbed down the tree, conceiving bits of splinters that I endured through the woods. In my trail, I heard crickets chirping and owls whistling. Okay, I lied. Now it was difficult to think that it was difficult to be afraid of the dark woods. It seemed fine with me, while Esther was around. Now, developing isolation and loneliness my skin administered goose bumps that trailed up my arm.

                Developing a quick shiver, my thoughts ran wild in the mild but swift current. I bored my hands on my face and began running as I heard silent thuds. As I stopped to sit, that led to increasing my fear of being lonesome in the dark woods. The harder my hands dug into my face, the more that the splinters began to cause internal bleeding. Glancing at my watch; putting it at the direction where the moonlight was, it was about fifteen minutes after six.

                When the bleeding began to develop exteriorly, I wiped smears of blood on my face; not knowing what could cause me into. Tears began streaming down my face as I thought how Esther would be isolated rather than throwing thick discourses. The same scene kept replaying in my head, as it only let tears admonish my eyes. It was Esther leaning back on the tree. She withered in a split second just like how she died.

                 I groped on my hair, to create a prevention. "Jane, are you okay?"

                "No!" My mind created a dizzy effect. My eyes met theirs which was that same piercing eyes that was met years ago. The same that I've seen ages ago; the ones that only appeared more than twice and ran with my father. He was Ari, my only best friend. The one who ditched me, but I couldn't just dismiss that fact. I bored my head on his chest and let my tears stroll down.

                A hand stroked my hair as my arms began forming a hug position. My tears just kept strolling nonstop, peering into Ari's shirt. "Jane!"

                "A-adolf?" I made out, seeing two heads connect into one.

                He swiped a finger on my cheek, peeking at the red fluid with his blue orbs. My head automatically hit the ground as I grasped on my hair, hinting for air. With my splintered hands, I grasped on Adolf's leg for support. I later began running forward, bumping my head on trees and managing. They called after me, but that didn't stop me. I had to go to Esther. My lungs grasped for air as I made my way towards nowhere.

                Thuds of footsteps was behind me, hearing that Adolf or so was following me. Not knowing why, I twirled around and met a hard structure as II fell backwards and let out a soft curse. A response left my body; someone shaking me, calling my name multiple times. The faint sound became muffled by the second.

                "A-adolf?" I made out, seeing two heads connect into one.

                He swiped a finger on my cheek, peeking at the red fluid with his blue orbs. My head automatically hit the ground as I grasped on my hair, hinting for air. With my splintered hands, I grasped on Adolf's leg for support. I later began running forward, bumping my head on trees and managing. They called after me, but that didn't stop me. I had to go to Esther. My lungs grasped for air as I made my way towards nowhere.

                Thuds of footsteps was behind me, hearing that Adolf or so was following me. Not knowing why, I twirled around and met a hard structure as II fell backwards and let out a soft curse. A response left my body; someone shaking me, calling my name multiple times. The faint sound became muffled by the second as everything became a vivid, but black image.

               When I woke up, I felt some ointment that was plastered into my face. Without a second thought, I swiped a hand across, seeing the medicine on my hands. I sniffed it, almost vomiting. More than a minute later, I got up and almost tripped over my own feet. With a glance, I wiped my hands on a rough fabric beside me. Nauseas, I felt when tipping over again but an arm snaked on my waist to prevent me from falling.

                I squinted until my vision made way. "Adolf?"

                "Are you feeling alright? You just fainted last night."

                I opened my mouth to speak, but closed it willing to remember every detail. Because of my still foggy memory, I looked around in my surroundings, which was clearly still the forest. Butterflies appeared in my stomach, as I groped a hand on it. Esther, there was no way.. I took a glance at my watch that showed roman numerals and smacked my head. It was around eight in the morning.

                Cursing, I tried to remember if I actually made it to find her. But it was that one moment that I was too stupid to remember. Ari. It doesn't come available in vast packages, you know?

                "Where's Ari?"