Chapter 10

BROKEN BUT GOLDEN SILENCE

"Who's Ari?"

                "Excuse me?"

                Adolf furrowed his eyebrows. " Auden?"

                "That dipshit has nothing to do with this!" I hollered attempting to run as fast as I could. Nevertheless, he was faster, grabbing me by my forearm. Tears admonished my eyes; I brought my palm to wipe my tears to prove how strong I was even though my ability is nothing close to that. Clenching my teeth I dug my nails into my palm as the tears escaped, dripping one by one on the dried leaves that were scrambled on the asperous grounds.

                I shut my eyes closed and thought about how losing Ari again would be. There was never a verbal nor physical explanation of how he got here, but it couldn't just be a dream. It was real, last night he was there. Even though I was unconscious; remembering every single detail he did. But I lost both of my basic allies. My mother and my best friend. The pact from my mother was made and it broke.

                Like a ribbon pulled from both its ends. "Don't worry."

                The same nauseous feeling occurred as last night, causing me to fall on the grounds, and the dried leaves fluttering from the air and slowly falling down. My sight began to form as if it were my peripheral vision and dizzy effects from everywhere, leading Adolf to be two or three headed. I squinted but it was no help. His voice became muffled by the second. My head was pounding and my whole body felt numb.

                I could see by my blurry vision that Adolf hovered over me, calling my name loudly. It was strange, my sight stayed the same but I couldn't move but just twiddle with my  index finger effortlessly. My purlicue because closed slightly but Adolf didn't seem to see it; it was probably the only contact that I could deliver. Everything began to be covered in a thin to thick layer of black, leading my eyelashes flutter with the drift current.

                I inhaled a heavy amount of air as I woke up stretching, feeling a huge amount of stress plastered interiorly in my body. Eavesdropping, I heard intensive screaming from the hallway. I ruffled my hair to prevent my messy bed head, then a huge realization hit me. Instead of feeling rough wood, my feet felt an even floor. Glancing at the floor, it was made of marble. Then, my eye met the king sized bed that I was on. The soft cushiony feel and the whole luxurious room couldn't be mines.

                It was an eminence's. There was no way that I was kidnapped and placed in a whole other country. "Get out!"

                The loud bawl startled me, causing me to collapse off the bed. The screaming seemed to stop, so there was no doubt that they noticed that loud sound transferring into their ears. Loud footsteps pounded on the ground because my right ear flopped on the ground. The bright lights flickered on, causing me to squint in agony. A familiar figure appeared before me. It took a few minutes to make the person out. Auden.

                "Why are you always so loud?"

                It took a few minutes for my brain to operate. "What am I doing here?"

                Before Auden can say something stupid, another familiar figure appeared before the doorway. Instead of seeing Adolf as I expecting, I met the eyes of him. His chocolate brown eyes landed back on mines and as I opened my mouth to speak, Auden used his hand to cover my mouth. Auden's strong force caused me to be pushed against the wall, landing with an oof. I fell to the ground as Alistair  ran up towards me.

                "For Pete's sake! Are you alright?"

                I began to feel dizzy, as the room began to swirl. My eyes Auden who looked away muttering an apology under his breath. I started to pick up my pace and flashed at Auden, "What the hell was that for?!"

                Standing up, I threw a punch at Auden's face. My heavy panting caused me to kill for a riot. "Get out." Alistair's eyes widened at his remark and clenched his fists; obediently walking towards the door, slamming it.

                I panted heavily and met eye contact with Auden as his blonde hair flew into hisface from the open window. Auden suddenly threw me to the wall, not hard enough for me to cough out blood. But that wasn't what I wanted as for return, he wasn't no longer an eminence personally. He can't give me orders anymore, or else what would be the cause? He has nothing obtained in his hands.

                If he would capture Amelia, then we could just run into the woods and head up for my hunting sprees. Then, I could always up to Esther for lessons and resume to what I needed.  The eminences had no idea what they think they could take authority of. Everything was just sand falling from the tiny gaps from their hands. There were always escapes. Here at Avery has nothing to provide, just discipline and whatnots.

                "Don't do that again." He hissed.

                I almost began to choke from his tight grasp on my neck. "No."

                Auden's lips pressed hard against mines. His lips begged for entrance, but I refused. The sudden remark surprised me and without any hesitation nor thinking, I opened the entrance to my mouth. Again, I felt nauseous having, no control over my whole system. Everything flew passed by, allowing swirls of white currents to form in my sight. I felt Auden picked me up from my waist and dropping me to the bed and kissing me by my neck.

                Then everything slowly became muffled and black, again.