Chapter 12

TWO IN A MILLION

"Hey, get up."

                I closed an eye from the bright light standing before me. Managing to open the one eye, I pushed the flashlight down and hit myself with an awareness. Looking at my bed sheet, it was plain white besides the splattered beige that always appeared in my bed sheet. The whole room was practically white, making a exception for the metal stand that attached a needle injected above my wrist that was covered with a bandage. The rails that stood beside me was metal and it looked like a.. hospital.

                Yawning, I looked at the person before me who eventually was Auden. He sat next to me in a chair and held my needle-free hand. His blue orbs paid the deepest attention to mines as I almost drifted to sleep again. Auden squeezed my hand even harder which made me let out a mild curse. It took a few minutes to function my brain and finally ask: why the heck am I in a hospital? My eyes admitted its attention to the needle to the tube into the metal stand with a pocket of some liquid.

                "Don't fall asleep, you've been sleeping for about fifteen hours."

                I loosened my hand from Auden's and rubbed both my eyes. "What am I doing here?"

                Auden groped my hand as I looked at him, trying to focus my all. I really felt as if I passed out. My memory lasted until the taxi and how I slept on Auden and how he pushed me against the wall. There wasn't really that much physical acts from what I've remembered. My eyes focused on my pale skin. There was no way that I'm ill, it was absurd. I've been giving my courtesy into my diet. My memory was really foggy at the moment.

                He answered, "You've been fainting for the last couple of days."

                "You're not serious."

                He gave me a bored look and focused on the heat on my forehead by planting his palm on. Auden planted a kiss on my forehead and left the room without an explanation. Vibrations sent through my whole body when he tucked a loose strand of hair behind my ear. I pulled m knees closer to my chest, trying to avoid the pain from the needle injected. Sighing, I settled my legs back in the blanket and felt awkward daggers in my stomach.

                Then I used my free hand to turn my watch because of my apathy. But when my land touched my wrist, there was nothing. My orbs automatically landed on my vacant wrist. Widening my eyes, I vigorously rummaged through the room by my vision. Furrowing my eyebrows, my memory didn't give me any physical nor verbal information. I bit my lip and was satisfied by the time I found the watch on the nightstand beside me. When I was close to reaching it and fighting the pain, a hand entered my sight.

                He threw me the watch as I successfully caught it. "Adolf." I smiled.

                "Here to verify that your sister is safe and sound, she's well fed by the district." Adolf said while I placed the watch on my wrist with difficulty.

                Widening my eyes without anymore pleasure nor satisfaction, I smacked my forehead physically with massive amounts of pain and sunk into the bed. It was almost incredible to think or see that I've forgotten all about Amelia. I mentally thought about  her while I put on my watch without an eye feeling another jackhammer plastered on my hand. Hissing in pain, I began to stare at the bandage that became insolvent and how the needle jacked out.

                Adolf gave me a bandage as I smiled as a thank you. "Thanks, you're always there to aid me."

                "Let me help you with that." He said as he put on the bandage and threw the needle on the nightstand and successfully landing my watch onto my wrist.

                Before I could thank him again, Auden walked into the scene; holding a glass and a pill in a orange container. He put them on the nightstand and glared at Adolf as he put his hands away from my free hand. Rolling my eyes,  I played with my watch and viewed at its time. There were plenty of times as I thought of my watch as a lucky charm. I always carried it through the woods and managed to shoot fine.

                "You need to just take one of the pills and be careful with those. They're steroids."

                When I looked back at the prescription on the orange container, I thought it said something far from steroids, but I was way too lazy to look over again. Furrowing my eyebrows, I understood my perception of how weak I've been lately. But steroids was never something that I could ever settle on thinking on. It was never even in the back of my mind nor ever in my head. I shakily held the now opened pill bottle and hastily brought a pill to my mouth and quickly bucked the glass to my lips. I swallowed the small but disgusting pill and glanced back at Auden, bringing the cup to his hands.

                I put at hand to my forehead and leaned back down feeling my stomach flip. Closing my eyes, Adolf disappeared while Auden was still there. Without with my dismissal, he carried me princess-style to the entrance. It was really awkward since I was still in my nursing clothing, but really the nurses nor doctors didn't care. Auden placed me in a taxi and began feeling my forehead. I leaned against him, feeling the body heat that we quickly consumed until we landed to his place.

                He carried me into his house princess-style as the taxi began to leave. "Aren't I heavy?"

                "Not really."

                When Auden and I reached the entrance of his house, he still carried me without a single flaw as I watched all the antique and classic furniture that we both passed by. But I really couldn't stop myself from his care with his lips.

                "Kiss me."