Chapter 7

QUALITY OF A NEW ALLY

It wasn't until a week after Auden had asked me to join him for the adventures. I arrived to the woods by transportation and leapt out. Seconds later, my sight met a piercing blue eyes. A cloud of dust formed and went up to my face, causing me to cough in annoyance. I moved out of place and later managed to snatch my bow and arrows before the train would leave. I spat in the bottom of my hunting boots, and rubbed it into the dirt.

                I later met contact of eyes that held disgust. There was  a reason for spitting on my hunting boots, otherwise he'd just be an idiotic imbecile. Oh wait he already is. As Auden began abandoning me, causing me to grit my teeth and keep me from bawling. When we reached the familiar but unfamiliar woods, I met hazel-brown eyes and a blonde who leaned against the tree. The two were unfamiliar, nor were ever included in the "hunting spree". But as I dug deeper into my thoughts, both began to look familiar.

                "Jane, this is Sia," Auden said; pointing at the female," and this is Adolf."

                Adolf. The person who wanted to discuss a conversation before that busted in.

                Before I could say anything he or Adolf continued, "Don't worry I'm friendly. I won't be an insufferable prick like Auden."

                 Before I became his parrot, a boom was heard at the entrance. The French doors slammed loudly as I almost jumped; becoming startled. The rueful bystander looked at Adolf angrily rather than I. You could see his fists clenched and a delivery of smoke strolling quickly out his ears. Glancing right at Adolf, he calmly took a sip of his cocktail drink while Auden began to throw a punch right at his face; leaving his drink to splatter on the floor and the glass shattering. So much for the entrance. I drew out a huff as Auden began to drag me outside by my forearm.

                And Sia, the person I never caught or exchanged names with.

                 An unfamiliar female figure ambled to the seat next to Auden. Her serious face almost scared me. Her brunette hair was formed into a tight bun, her lips were shaded with deep, bright lipstick and her pale skin was flawless under the dim lights.

                Even though Auden never told me that she was his assistant or so, I was utterly sure of it. My eyes flickered on Adolf, whom was wearing a tee with a faded coco-cola sign with khaki shorts, which made him look different from what I've seen the following day when he was wearing a black velvet tuxedo, revealing his biceps. Also, I still remembered how Sia wore the business suit or a business-like dress. It all made sense; a commoner couldn't just afford expensive fabric. They were eminences.

                "I believe we should start." Auden said, beginning to walk into the woods.

                Adolf walked towards me, making sure I was available."Hello Jane."

                I almost had to lift a brow in order to consider his friendliness.  I took off my hunting jacket and threw it to Adolf while he successfully caught it almost without a glance. He shot me a smile, incomparable to Auden's infamous and all-known "perfected" smiles. It wasn't that I fell in love with him by the second; the more I took a longer glance  at him,  the more I discovered that he wasn't any of the eminences I've ever met like Sia (the austere).

                "You could catch."

                He lifted a brow, "I'm useful."

                Useful he was as we followed behind the two altering eminences who followed the current, revealing their daggers and sharp tools. I stuffed the bow and securely wrapped my hand around the strap of my arrow sack. My available hand filled in my pocket, reaching for a dagger. As I took the weapon out, I began running into the woods, while they followed. In a minute or so, I heard a critter brush by.

                "There." Sia whispered.

                I reached out my dagger and begged, Please don't miss. Inaudibly, I counted to three and shot out my dagger. The squirrel, dropped to the ground, in a silent 'thump' but the dagger only reached to its body rather than the eye.

                "Adolf, please go skin the squirrel."