Chapter 11

BARBARIAN IMBECILE

Yawning, I bounced to other side to hug the other pillow to create warmth. My arms clutched on it as I balanced my head on it, instantly smelling cologne. Opening one eye and practically squinting, my eyes noticed a mop of brunette  hair. My face settled on it, until it took me about two minutes to realize what I just did. Blushing madly, I turned to other side and slowly taking my arms away to make not such a notice.

                Biting my lip, I tended to calm down when I assumed that Auden was still asleep. But the other side of mind wondered why I was at his house. Because of my huge embarrassment, attempting to let it go was too crucial. My feet slipped on the cold marble floor as I silently tried to seep through before the doorway felling weak, but it was too much of a risk since Auden was the one that was the most near and facing too.

                "Do you really obsess over me that much?" Auden muttered. Before I could reach anymore, he clutched my waist and settled me on the bed.

                "Get your arms off me, y-you b-barbarian imbecile!"

                He crushed me into his chest and held me tighter, burying his face in my hair; breathing heavily. I smelled his cologne and almost got lost in it, feeling over-obsessive over him.

                "I can't, you feel so comfortable."

                Rolling my eyes, I peeled off one arm of his and ruffled my messy bed-head. Yawning, I had no idea which way to go as I entered the hallway. There were two sides, which were extremely long corridors. Biting my lip, I debated which way to go. Settling on right, I easily procrastinated from how dark of a appearance and impression it made me. Looking back at Adam, my eyes landed on how he was; half-asleep.

                Auden muttered, "Why do you have to get up so early?"

                "What am I doing here?" I turned, facing him as he put his pants on.

                My eyes widened of the remark as I quickly turned around and covered my eyes, still not realizing that he wasn't in front of him; he was behind me. Blushing intensively, I heard the jingle of his belt. I took another step, not knowing where I was really heading since this was a huge house after all. Each step gave me a stroke of a hammer jabbing into my ankle. I held onto the wall for support and then fell to the floor on my butt.

                Holding onto the wall for support even though it came out to be such a failure, I reached over to rub the massive pain until someone groped me, lifting me up. His fresh scent of cologne met my nostrils, confessing myself to just drive a hand to punch him right on the face for smelling so good. Scratch that, it really sounded wrong and twisted from my tongue. But there was a logical reason of why I would. He picked me up without consent.

                "Put me down."

                Auden smirked as his eyes glinted in amusement. He pretended to think and settled on: "Nah."

                It really wasn't much of a problem since I would be so stressed because of how weak I felt. When he met the staircase, a window peaked from below. It exposed my true colors of my skin which was pale. Really pale. The last time I checked, my skin was covered a bit of tan. It honestly looked as if I was powdered over sugar, but not as much as a dead person.

                I looked from the palm of my hand to the top. "Why am I so pale?"

                "Maybe it's because of my precious looks, you could just drop dead."

                I rolled my eyes as he continued to smirk. Auden finally met the door as I buried my face in his chest, not knowing what my next move. Frankly, I didn't care or not if he commented or not. But he didn't. As a confession, I could feel that I could really drop dead. My pain was featuring a lot and plus there was no interpretation of how I could become this pale and weak. The broad daylight from the exterior land brought me to yawn.

                Auden called a taxi and dropped me into the backseat with him. I yawned and threw my head on the cold, leather seat. My inquisitive thoughts kept popping in my head, but I couldn't really open my mouth because of how tired I realized I was. Sniffing the air, I accidentally let out one of the most stupidest questions that just came out of my mouth. It was really mean to say it because Auden offered me a place to stay.

                "Are you bipolar?"

                I didn't cover my mouth or anything since it wasn't that much of a big deal anyways. It wasn't as if I could him a bitch but still. Contrarily, I really think he was since he practically threw me against the wall yesterday; but really I couldn't remember the events yesterday which was really strange. My head turned at Auden who just looked at the window, viewing the horrible climate that looked like it was about to rain.

                "Do you think so, Jane?"

                He finally took a glance at me. "Kind of," I honestly told him.

                Auden placed his warm hand on my neck and dragged me on his shoulder, where there was a gap that I could just lay my head and sleep. It just made me wonder, did I like him? It didn't really matter since he had practically the whole nation under his hands, I was probably a nothing. But that didn't affect me as much.  So far, I don't think he would be such a problem. There wasn't ever a cogent acumen after all.