Chapter 17

AUDEN'S STORYLINE

My prized possession is Aubrey Hampton, my high school love. She was one who never ever released a purposeful smirk from her breathtaking features, smiled a full grin and never was afraid to let a tear escape from her beautiful green eyes. I always loved it when the wind played with nets of her brunette hair, exposing her true beauty. How her small nose scrunched up when she teased me. Her athletic abilities that anyone would desire of. Procrastination is the last thing of my bias.

                The summer of '08, I took her out of the city. It was to inspire, to feature the plains exterior. It was amazing, how I took her first kiss there after dating for three years and let her get astray out of my own will. There was no way to describe how I felt. There was anxiety, the delusional state that wrapped around my mind. It was really, really devastating. Intensity is my only and last mood. I still remember my major mistake like it was yesterday.

Aubrey pushed wisps of her brunette hair aside as I held her by her waist, she grinned and held me by my neck. It was  a perfect landscape, you know? The way her smooth skin rubbed my neck and how the sun shone through the gap of our intertwined noses. I felt her light breath brush against my lips and how it was her attempt to kiss me first, but I took it away first through smirks as she roughly pulled me in more, showing  her burning passion. Each kiss sent me tingles through my body, feeling as if I was the amateur here.

                 Her lips met my lower lip as she let a low grunt and I let the minor problem go. The sun met my exposed skin, tickling me with its soft rays. Aubrey softly tugged on my hair, pressuring her to kiss me roughly. It was almost incredible to think how we went through without kissing for three years, the amount of time that we had dated. I dived in for another kiss until she lightly let go. My hands slowly touched her arms, feeling the goose bumps trail up her arm.

                Aubrey's lip twitched a little as she shyly let out a huff. "We should g- go."

                "Is something wrong?" I breathed.

                There was something that I sensed in between her moods, as if something dangerous approached. It was highly unlikely for something treacherous be near us. She would be clinging onto my chest. When my gaze met her eyes, I sensed fear she held within. Aubrey literally didn't like to show being frightened. There was a reason why she was in soccer varsity. But it was my turn to ask.

                "O-oh. I meant  by the waterfalls. A nice scenery."

                I took her hand to find  the waterfalls, but it was something crucial that I felt. The tingles which wrapped around my body as I jumped deeper into the woods, but I was too stupid to see it. Her warm hand enveloped mines, causing me to go head over heels. As soon as I heard the sound of the water splashing onto the sturdy ground, we met on the colossal rock. 

                Her beautiful eyes met mines. "I-It's beautiful."

                Aubrey bored her head on my chest, as we sat in utter silence. I could hear the wild bird chirping, see the nice scenery and here the thump of the waterfall. It was the perfect day. The twenty-eighth of May, her favorite number. It was adequate to propose to her. I smiled and couldn't wait until we would reach our cabin. She muttered something minor that I couldn't make out, I figured it was something to remind herself, so I pushed it away.

                "You make me feel safe."

                I peered down to meet vacancy.

                And now, I stayed for 3 months; my whole summer to stay down south, just for her to come back. But it was too late, I lost her. There was never a distinguishing reason how she left. And that was how I lost it, beginning to go bipolar, literally. Maybe it was an intense mistake but  she is that obstruction. It wouldn't have actually made me pull up to my knees and lose faith if it weren't for Jane. And Sia Taylor? She's a different story.