Chapter 2: Missin' U

Ant's POV

It's early in the morning and my flight just landed in New Orleans. I ended my tour last night and I'm here to surprise Taylor. Tyshawn told me how he would be down here for spring break and I decided to pop up. Him and Cory already know I'll be in town, but Taylor doesn't know a thing. I miss her and I feel like we have a lot of catching up to do.

My life has been wild in the past two years and it's a major blessing. I'm twenty two years old now with over a million dollars to my name. As soon as I dropped my album it was like everybody was fucking with my music. It was number one on iTunes for the first two weeks. This allowed me to see places I thought I'd never see--Australia, Dubai, and many more places. Although that was an exciting moment in my life, there were some things that weren't going right.

Taylor and I were falling apart right before my eyes. I wanted shit to work, but we slowly stopped trying. Different time zones and busy schedules interfered with our communication. I couldn't handle everything and I let her slip away. We weren't arguing or nothing like that which kinda made me feel like she didn't care anymore. Y'all know how Tay would put up a fit for my attention and she no longer did that. She did her thing and I did mines. Whenever we had the chance to see each other we would hang out for a minute and separate. We ended up breaking up through FaceTime last year.

Now that I'm in her city, I hope we can enjoy each other's company like before. My Uber was waiting outside for me and I tried to escape the airport without anyone stopping me. I didn't have security or nothing, I was solo and on the move. Once I got to the Uber, he put my bags in the car and we headed to Taylor's house. I called Tyshawn to make sure someone was woke to let me in the house.

Pulling up to her crib, the driver removed my bags and I tipped him. I haven't been to this house in hellas. It looks the same except there's flowers in the front yard now. I rang the doorbell and waited for someone to answer. It was Sunny and she looked shocked to see me.

"Oh my God, hey Ant." She waved.

"Hey." I smiled and entered the house.

I dropped my bags at the door and went into the kitchen to see Taylor cooking breakfast. She didn't notice me until TJ and Cory greeted me.

"Ant? Oh wow." She turned the stove off.

"Hi, Taylor." I walked over to her.

"I guess we have a full house now. All we need is Cierra." She didn't sound too excited.

I sat at the table and watched her finish preparing breakfast alongside of Sunny. Cory and I made conversation until it was time to eat. TJ helped them set the table and the food looked really good. There were strawberries, pineapples, eggs, bacon, sausages, pancakes, French toast, and grits. All the males stacked their plates with food while Sunny and Taylor ate normal portions.

"You staying here, right, Ant?" Cory asked.

"Yuh, if I'm welcomed." I looked over at Tay who had her head down. She hadn't said a word to me.

"Why wouldn't you be?" Tyshawn looked at Taylor as well.

She finally lifted her head up and put a spoonful of grits in her mouth.

"Yeah, why wouldn't you be?" She frowned her face.

I took a deep breath and finished eating my food. I'm tired and I may be a little cranky, which is why I'm not going to respond. The table was hella quiet, the only thing you could hear was Cory and Tyshawn smacking.

"Oh yeah, Tay have you seen my pink hat? I lost it last week and it isn't in my room." Sunny spoke up.

"Check under your bed. I remember you putting stuff under there while you cleaned." Taylor responded.