Chapter 37: No Love Lost

Ant's POV

I sat in my parked car waiting for Taylor to come outside. About two hours ago I dropped her off at the gym to meet with her personal trainer. She wants to lose a little weight before the wedding comes.

"Look like you had fun." I said as Taylor got in the car with sweat covering her face.

"Define fun." She fanned herself.

I snickered and continued eating the rest of my barbecue chips that I had been snacking on for the last fifteen minutes.

"Gimme some." Taylor held her hand out.

I straightened out the bag to get a better look at the ingredients and calories. I poked fun at Taylor by reading it all out to her.

"I don't think you can have none. Wouldn't want you to intake 160 unnecessary calories." I tossed the rest of the chips in my mouth.

"You get on my nerves." She hit me in my chest.

"Chill out." I grabbed her arm.

Taylor rolled her eyes and looked in the backseat at Mariah. "Hi, pretty girl. Daddy been getting on your nerves while I was gone?"

"I never get on her nerves, that's your job. Tell her ma-ma, we was just chilling. Say me and daddy was just chilling." I turned around in my seat to look at her.

"I'm wondering why we still sitting in this parking lot." Tay put her seatbelt on.

"We bout to fight. Are we going straight to Cory's house?" I started up the car.

"No, I need to shower and change clothes first." She pinched her black shirt that was probably drenched in sweat.

I rolled my window down and tossed the chip bag out before pulling off. I drove back to our house to let Taylor take a shower and change her clothes. Mariah and I waited in the living room until she was ready. Mariah looked so cute in her little grey jumpsuit, I swear anytime I dress her she's dressed up like a little boy.

"I feel so much better now that my body's clean." Taylor said once she came down the stairs.

"Is this everything that we're taking over there?" I dug through Mariah's diaper bag.

"Yuh. That's everything." Taylor double checked.

We left the house and headed to Cory's. Taylor and I have some wedding stuff to take care of and Cory was dying to babysit Mariah. Since he's sort of an adult, we agreed.

In a thirty minute travel, we pulled up to Cory's gated mansion. Taylor passed me the keycard to gain access. I've never been to his home, so as I drove I was observing everything. His house was nice and big, he lives alone so it wasn't enormous, but it definitely was a mansion. The grass was neatly cut and he had all types of cars lined up in a organized order. I paid special attention to the old school, candy painted cars he had parked.

Taylor and I stepped out the car and approached the front door. He opened the door with a big smile before we had a chance to ring the bell. He grabbed Taylor and gave her a big hug, swinging her around and shit. You never know with this dude; sometimes he's all bubbly and sometimes he's ready to fight the world.

"Only God knows how much I missed my big sister. What's up Ant?" He waved at me.

"What's up." I greeted him.

"What got you so happy?" Taylor fixed her hair and made her way into the kitchen.

"Nothing major, I just made another million dollars. Big dog shit, nah mean." He said as we followed Taylor.