Chapter 23: Houston Living

Ant's POV

One month later 

"Was that everything you wanted to see? If not, you know I don't mind staying another day." I told Taylor as we got ready to leave her house in New Orleans.

"I guess that was everything." She sadly shrugged.

"You wanna stay another day?" I asked because I can tell she doesn't want to leave.

"No, let's just get this over with. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow anyway."

Taylor took once last look around the house before we locked the doors and went outside. Sunny and her boyfriend stood there, waiting to say their goodbyes to Taylor.

"Taylor, I love you and I'm gonna miss you. I had so much fun living with you, girl. You promise you gone come visit?" She hugged Tay.

"I love you too, Sunny. And I'm gonna visit all the time. You better visit me too."

"You know I am. Take care of my baby." She rubbed Taylor's stomach and started crying.

"If you cry, you gone make me cry." Taylor nudged her.

"They emotional as hell." Sunny's boyfriend said to me.

"For real." I shook my head as I watched them continue to hug each other.

"Best frienddddd! We've never lived so far apart before. This day came too fast." Sunny didn't want to let Taylor go.

"Sunny, stop. Our distance don't mean nothing, you still my main man." I could tell Taylor was holding back tears as she joked with Sunny.

They talked for a few minutes and said goodbye one last time. I got in the drivers seat of Taylor's car and began driving. Most of her things are already in Houston, she just has a few bags with her in the car. Her eyes observed everything around her as I left the city.

"What's the first thing you wanna do when we get to Houston?" I asked her to try and cheer her up.

"I don't know." She didn't look over at me.

"You wanna go eat? Get your nails done? Go see your people?"

"I don't know, Ant." She rested her head on the door once I hit the highway.

I kept my eyes on the road to ensure a safe drive home. I can tell Taylor is upset and I don't know what to tell her. I know she hates that she has to move back, but she can't always get her way. As I continued to drive, Taylor started sniffing with her head down.

"Tay, come on mane. Don't give me a hard time." I slowed down and looked over at her.

"What you crying fa'? You can go back anytime you want." I grabbed her shoulder to lift up her head.

"I'm good." She sniffed.

She said that, but believe it or not she cried the whole five hours. I asked the same questions over and over. Are you okay? What's wrong? She kept the same answer; I'm good. Shit, now I feel bad for making her leave. I didn't think that place was that special to her, or maybe it's the hormones.

"Baby, you gotta stop crying. That can't be good for you." I opened her car door once we got to the mansion.

"I'm not crying." She said with tears running down her face.

I groaned because I'm tired of hearing that sniffing and sobbing. I think she got the message and wiped her eyes. I dragged her bags to the door and unlocked it to reveal a surprise I had waiting for her. Welcome home balloons and flowers stood by the staircase. She ignored them and went straight upstairs. My eyes widened, surprised at her behavior. Taylor didn't make it up the stairs good enough before she started yelling. At first I was wondering why, but then I soon remembered. I ran towards her scream to see my red nose pit growling at her.