Chapter 13: Caught Up

A few weeks later.

I'm back in New Orleans and Antonio is in Canada for a few shows. Life is the same, but it's great being engaged. Family members were sending me gifts and cards to congratulate me and also asking about dates and locations. Even though the wedding is months away, I have a lot of work to do.

"We need to go on a diet so I can lose this stomach." I patted my stomach as I cleaned the house.

"I been telling you to diet with me. That's why I never stick to mines because I hate doing it alone." Sunny put on her work clothes.

"Well let's do it for real this time. We can finally really use our gym memberships."

"And tomorrow we can go shopping for some healthy foods cause what we have in our fridge isn't going to work." Sunny said.

"We gotta have a cheat day though. We shouldn't have to eat healthy everyday." I just don't want to.

"Okay, what about Sunday's? We can eat whatever on that day." She suggested.

"Nah, let's do Saturday's and then we can repent on Sunday." I joked.

"Saturday's it is. I was writing down a list of stuff for all the bridesmaids to do once we have the bachelorette party." Sunny told me as I folded laundry.

"You started doing that stuff already?" I slightly laughed.

"Yeah, I want to be prepared. You okay with strippers?"

"Umm... male strippers are cool I guess." I shrugged.

"What's wrong? Am I doing things too early?"

"No, no. It's just that, you're doing maid of honor work..." I didn't make eye contact.

"You don't want me to be your maid of honor?" She faked a laugh.

"Yeah, I do! But, what about Cierra?"

"You'd rather her be your maid of honor? I just figured since me and you lived in the same state, it'd be easier to plan everything together." Her tone of voice changed.

"That's not what I'm saying. I wanted both of y'all, but I know I can only have one."

"Who says you can only have one? We don't have to follow the typical tradition."

"Well, I guess I have two maids of honor now." I grinned.

Sunny gave me a hug and finished getting ready for work. I continued cleaning the house and moved on to the kitchen. There were only a few dishes in the sink so I hand washed them instead of throwing them in the dish washer.

"I'm gone, Tay. See you later." Sunny waved goodbye.

I told her bye and moved on to the next thing. I wiped all the counters down and disinfected them before sweeping the floor. While I did all of this, someone knocked on the front door. I paused for a second to hear another knock, maybe Sunny forgot something. I put the broom off to the side and went to open the door. Assuming it was Sunny, which I shouldn't have, I opened the front door without even checking.

"Hey, Taylor." Said a previous classmate of mines from last semester.

"Hi, Justin." I smiled, but wondered why he was at my house.

"I was just, uh. Around." He licked his full lips.

I nodded my head and moved my messy hair behind my ears.