Chapter 5: Boss Mentality

"Why you smiling so hard, love?" My coworker Luke asked as we both took our lunch break.

"What? I wasn't smiling." I chuckled.

"Oh baby yes you were. Who got you all happy?" He twirled his finger.

"Remember that ex I was telling you about? Well we got back together." I ate and talked at the same time.

"Girl, shut up! The famous one?" He smacked his lips and flipped his short hair.

"Yeah, he was in town for a week, that's why I called off the other day."

"And you're just now letting me know! Please tell me y'all got freaky cause I'm tired of boring you with all my sex stories, honey."

"Luke, I love you." I laughed.

"I'm everybody's favorite white boy." He smiled.

"Speaking of being my favorite... I need a favor."  I bit my lip.

"What is it, love?"

"In about a week my boyfriend wants me to come out to Vegas for the weekend. I know you get most weekends off so I was wondering if we could switch shifts."

"Mmh, what's in it for me? I'm thinking a drink date, maybe."

"Yeah, my treat." I smiled because I didn't think it would be that easy.

"Sounds like a plan to me. Make sure you let Stacy know." He pointed over to our witch of a manager.

"Uggh, I wanted you to tell her." I sighed as she looked over at us.

"Hell no, not after I got in trouble."

I shook my head and looked at my phone to see we only had five minutes left of our break. I gathered up my trash and prepared to approach my boss. I'm kind of scared to ask her because she's mean as hell. When Ant was in town I called off sick and she was mad at me for no reason. We work at a call center that isn't even that busy so hopefully she doesn't trip.

"Ms. Stacy, can I talk to you?" I tossed my food in the trash.

"About?" She kept her head down.

"Luke and I would like to switch shifts for the weekend after next. I know you guys plan ahead, but something came up." I explained.

"Switch shifts? For what, baby? You gone keep finding ways to not show up, huh?" She looked up.

"What? I only missed one day and I'm not trying to get out of work, I just wanna switch shifts." I turned my nose up at her.

"Well we have a low tolerance for constantly trying to alter your shifts. Once the schedule is finalized then that's that unless it's an emergency. Now is it?" She rolled her eyes.

"Don't even worry bout it." I sat at my desk and started slamming stuff around.

"What's the attitude for? I can tell you used to getting your way, but not here." She smirked.

See what I mean? She do too much. My period started today and my hormones are not fucking around. All I know is she better get away from me before I catch a attitude for real.

"I don't have an attitude." I kept my response short.

"Better not." She slowly walked away.

"Fat, bitch." I mumbled under my breath.

"What was that, baby?" She turned around.

"Nothing." I sighed and tried ignoring her.

Stacy was short and stout and every little movement caused her to breathe hard as fuck. Her dark brown skin glistened from the sweat on her face and her presence was starting to disgust me. I put my hand on my cheek and stared at her, waiting for her to say something.