Chapter 8: Too Far

Song in multimedia: Kodak Black- Corrlinks and JPay. (My ex best friend album is so good y'all, I think this is my favorite one now lol) 🍊

Ant's POV

I leaned against Keon's car smoking and chilling. Today's Marcus' birthday so we're celebrating. We still hold it down for my nigga, always will. On his birthday and death date, we do the same thing. Post up and hang. I try not to have any shows or events during this time cause I be down and out. This year I'm not really down about his death, but some other shit.

What went down in Vegas really got under my skin and I started thinking heavy. I made it up to Taylor and her mood got better, at least it felt like it. But it was irritating as fuck for people to keep talking about it. My manager kept bugging me and everybody was calling to see what was going on. To be honest, it shouldn't have even been a big deal to nobody besides Tay. Motherfuckers blew it out of proportion. In the past, I've been on blogs for being on some hot boy shit so this isn't my first time getting this type of attention. This is the first time I was ever being called out about my sexual relations though.

That was a week ago and people still leaving dumb ass remarks. I'm really over all this fame shit, it's annoying. I honestly just want the money and for people to enjoy my talent. I didn't sign up for all this extra stuff. I'm trying to remain humble and be kind to all my fans, but everybody's getting on my nerves. They must forget that I'm human too.

"What's up, Ant?" A car rode past with a bunch of females waving at me.

I waved back and continued talking to Keon. I don't come to the hood as often as I used to, I actually rarely do come out here. The hood still show me love, but I can't be out here all the time; I shouldn't be here now. While I was trying to celebrate my friends life, people were popping up out of nowhere. I sighed because I felt my blood pressure rising as people approached me.

"Shit, we might as well go in the crib." Keon told me.

"I'm bout to go home, fuck this." I shook my head.

People started asking for pictures and was getting all in my personal space. I took a few, but then I started telling people not to take anymore. Of course they didn't listen to my ass. My car was parked in Keon's driveway, but I couldn't get to it because the group of people crowded over me. I really wanted to go off on them. Instead I played it cool.

"I need y'all to get off my property, for real." Keon told them.

Somehow I maneuvered through the crowd and walked away from everybody. Kids ran towards me and I hated to let them down, but today isn't my best day.

"You not gone chop it up with the kids?" Some man asked.

"I said I gotta go." I responded.

"That's some hoe shit." He said.

My back was turned to him and once he said that I turned around hella quick. Keon was going off and trying to get me in the car at the same time. Niggas really think that cause I'm famous I'm not still with that.

"Fuck is you on? I took pictures and now I'm leaving. The fuck."

"They the ones who buy your weak ass music. You can take some more pictures, you is in they hood."

"Nigga this my hood. I grew up over here, don't make it like I'm some Hollywood nigga who tryna be down."

The man kept talking to me and I kept responding. Cameras were in my face recording my careless behavior. The more we went back and forth, the closer we got to one another. I'd be a fool if I came to the hood without my glock on me, I was ready for anything. While we were arguing, the guy put his hand in my face. I don't know if he was trying to punk me or pull on me, but I don't play that. Without fully processing what I was getting myself into, I swung. In Keon's front yard I was having a full on fight like I didn't have a major record deal. I'm pissed off so I didn't think about none of the consequences.