Chapter 30: Under The Sea

Today is the day of my baby shower and I'm up early morning getting ready. My mother and my aunt are over because they want to help me, more like be nosey. They prepared a big selection of breakfast foods for everyone in the house. Cierra is over to do my makeup and I have a stylist to do my hair. A masseuse is also here at the moment to give me a much needed maternal massage.

"Go get your massage baby, we'll make sure Hayley is doing what she's supposed to." My mother told me as I tried calling Hayley.

"Okay. Where's Ant?"

"Somewhere around here getting his hair cut. Go ahead before it's time to start getting ready."

I still went through my phone trying to do stuff that I have no business doing. I know Hayley will pull through, but I like to do things on my own to make sure it's done right. As I contacted Hayley about the shirts that I wanted the grandparents to wear, my mama snatched my phone away. I sighed and went upstairs to the third floor with the masseuse.

In one of the empty rooms she had all her things set up with aromatherapy candles lit. I stripped down to my underclothes and laid on my side with a body cushion in between my legs and neck for support. She told me to relax and I did just that. My eyes were closed to the room as she started off rubbing my shoulders, working her way down to my stomach and then legs. She put the perfect amount of pressure on me; not too rough, but not too gentle. To really get my back, I sat in a chair for a while. The smell of the peppermint oil and the warmness of her hands soothed me. I took deep breaths as she worked on my fingers and my toes.

An hour later I was saddened that the massage was over. I put on some sweats and a T shirt then I tipped her. I headed back downstairs and ate whatever was leftover from breakfast.

"Hayley brought the shirts over." My mom held up the white shirts with gold letters that said, Mariah's grandmom/ granddad.

"What about the sashes for the godparents? And where's Ant?" I haven't seen him all morning.

"I'm right here." He walked into the kitchen giving me a kiss.

"The sashes are in the bag." Cierra pointed.

"Well Sunny and Keon need theirs." I was overwhelmed for no reason.

"They'll get it. Sit down and relax." Ant told me.

"Okay." I blushed.

The hairstylist started curling up my wig and I sat down to let my mom put some cornrows in my head. My battery started going dead as I texted Hayley about the decorations and cake. I know I'm getting on her nerves, but I need this to be perfect. So many people are going to show up and it's only right that we show out.

The hair stylist placed the curly, thirty inch lacefront on my head, making it completely flawless. I couldn't put the mirror down. Before doing my makeup, I ate some Chick Fil-A that my aunt stopped to get for me.

"Hayley just sent me pictures of the decorations so far. She's almost finished." I smiled as my phone charged.

"You wanna put your dress on before I do your makeup?" Cierra asked me.

"Yuh, lemme finish eating real quick." I finally put my phone down.

Cierra helped me change into my white and gold dress and she added some shimmer to my legs and stuff to make me look all magical. I admired my light blue metallic nails that matched my mermaid theme. After I had my clothes on, she started on my makeup. Time was flying and I was starting to get anxious because the baby shower starts at four. It's only twelve though so we have plenty of time still.