Chapter 15: Man Down

"114, 115..." Sunny counted off as I did my squats.

"I can't do anymore." I was sweating up a storm.

"You can make it to one thirty, I know you can." She stood in front of me.

"I can't feel my legs." I dropped the weights and tried to sit down.

"You did good though, we making progress." Sunny said after drinking out of her water bottle.

"Can we go home now? I think I'm gonna pass out." I was breathing hella hard.

"You don't want to get in the massage chair first?" She laughed.

"Fuck that chair." I stood up and started walking towards the exit.

Besides sneaking to get seafood, I've been doing good on my diet. Sunny and I keep each other motivated and we make sure that we're both eating the right things. I've already lost a few pounds, but I have a way to go until I get my shape the way I want it. I don't want to lose too much, but I want some areas more toned.

"Mane, I'm going home to shower and then straight to sleep afterwards." Sunny looked for the car key.

"Girl, I'm bout to sleep like a baby. You gone be super sore at work tomorrow." I fanned myself and put the air on blast.

"But it's so worth it. I keep picturing how my ass will look in the bridesmaid dress." She laughed.

"Don't be tryna steal all the attention."

"I'll chime it down, only for you though." She grinned.

"You better. But I think you worked me too hard, I feel hella sick." My head was starting to hurt.

"Push through it, that's how I was when I first started coming."

"No, son. I really think I'm going to pass out. I don't see how people do this all the time." I lifted my shirt a little.

"Let me turn the air up some more cause I don't have the energy to drag your heavy ass in the house."

As I put the seat back some, my phone started blowing up from sale notifications. In the last few weeks our hair sales have skyrocketed. I'm always having to check to make sure we have enough hair in stock. The extra room in our house is filled with weave and boxes to ship the hair in. I make sure every customer is satisfied, even sending emails out to them. At the moment, I can handle all the orders. But I know once school starts back I'll have to limit the orders that I take.

"I wanted to sleep when we got home, but looking at all these wig orders..." I hinted to Sunny that I wanted her help.

"That reminds me that I need to drop last weeks orders off at the post office." She said.

"Yeah. Can you help me start on a few of these wigs tonight?"

"Remember when I asked you to help me dye the hair last time. What was your excuse?" She looked over at me.

"Girl, I didn't feel good. The smell of that bleach be killing me. At least thread the needles for me, bih." I sighed.

"You never feel good, but I guess I can be helpful. Next time I need your help with a order you better help me."

"You know I got you." I laughed because I might not help her.

"Trick I'm not playing. And are you still going to Houston next month because I need to take off."